chapter five?

chapter five - Queen Margaret of the Kingdom of Love

     "Queen Margaret, who are you planning on marrying at the Lunar Ball?"

     "Well, I haven't-," Margaret was cut off by another reporter.

     "Are you done planning the ball?"

     "I just fin-," Words could not explain how much Margaret hated reporters, always asking questions then not letting her answer them.

     "What is it like being an 18 year old Queen?" Yes, Margaret was queen at the age of 18, she had been queen since she was 14 when her parents were murdered by some lunatic from another kingdom.

    "I guess it's fine but-," Margaret was interrupted.

     "That's enough, that's enough. Back away from Her Majesty. Now," Thank goodness, it was Katheryn. Margaret's best friend. Katheryn stood in front of Margaret and grabbed her wrist, shoving through the crowd of reporters. "Move out of the way. Move over, her Majesty is trying to walk," Katheryn yelled over the chatter of reporters. Katheryn dragged Margaret to her room and Margaret flopped on the bed, letting out an exasperated breath.

     "People can be so annoying," Margaret said flatly.

     "Tell me about it, I swear those reporters work out, they are impossible to shove around," She said sarcastically. Margaret laughed, still laying down. "Have you found a dress for the ball yet? I think I found one, it's light purple, and it's not super poofy and it doesn't have sleeves,"

     She said excitedly. Margaret thought Katheryns dress sounded gorgeous, and it would look amazing with her blonde hair.

     "I think I found one, it's a ball gown and it had pale blue and blush pink silk that's poofy and the bodice is blue with silver and white embellishments. The sleeves are off the shoulders. And i'm suppose to wear these crazy earrings!" Margaret said, getting excited about her dress again.

     "Margaret! That is going to look gorgeous on you! And I don't even need to see it on you to know," She said, clearly over excited.

     "Katheryn, I think I'm going to like take a nap or something, the reporters make me want to never get up," Margaret said flatly.

     "Understandable, I'll leave you to it, 'night," Katheryn said kindly. Katheryn quietly closed the door behind her and Margaret took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. She had been more stressed then usual about her royal duties lately. Whether it was the Lunar Ball, finding a King, or just because. Margaret started to doze off and eventually fell asleep.

     This is Margaret's 5th year planning The Lunar Ball, so she knew what she was doing. The ball will be held in the Kingdom of Love's ballroom towards the west wing of the palace, which is only ever used for special occasions. Every year Margret hosts the ball and dances with someone, there's never any sort of connection. Margaret secretly hoped it stays that way. If Margaret could, she would plan on never falling in love, but because she is the Queen, she has to produce an heir of royal blood. Everyone just expects her to be all fancy and drop dead romantic, but that's of course not the case.

     About an hour or two after Margaret fell asleep she woke up, rubbing the sleep out of her blue eyes. She sat up, leaning against the back of her bed and trailing her eyes around the room. They landed on something pink and blue. Her dress for The Lunar Ball. Margaret completely forgot that people would start arriving the next morning. She hadn't even planned what dresses she was going to wear for the two days all the royals were staying in her kingdom, her palace.

       Margaret stood up off the bed and stretched. She checked the time, it was past 6pm! The Ice Kingdom was suppose to be getting here a day earlier then everyone else, and they were arriving in an hour! Margaret sprinted to her closet and picked out the most sophisticated yet glamorous dress she could find. She put it on with some matching jewelry and ran, well, she ran as fast as you can run in heels. She bumped into Katheryn on her way to the front of the palace. "Oh my gosh, it's you, I just woke up about fourty-five minutes ago! Are they here yet?"