Six

"We're very sorry, the recent passing of Doctor Melissa has us caught off guard. Here take these," the doctor handed me some pills. "Something feels off about these... I don't want them," I handed them back. "There going to give you back your memory," she smiled. I ran upstairs and came back down a few moments later. "Bring me a coworker," I said. The doctor complied. I gave the coworker a vile and fed the pills to him. The coworker turned into a cat. "I told you!" I glared. "Forgive her. She hasn't learned her manners," My fathers grip tightened on my shoulder. Pill after pill I rejected each one. "Take it!" The doctor was annoyed and gave me the pill. I studied it. "Ok," I said. Everyone turned to me as I slowly took the pill. But it was the wrong choice. Draco, father, mother, everything... began to fade. "Are you alright?" My mother asked. "M-memory..." I whispered. "What do you mean?" Fath-Luci- a man walked up to me. I backed away slowly. "W-who are you?!" I asked. "No... no you have to remember!" Draco said. "Maddi... please. Draco's your brother, Lucius's is your father and I'm your mother," the woman in front of me said. "Give her another pill!" The man turned to the doctor angrily. I took several pills but none seemed to work. While they argued over my memory, something called me to a certain place. I slowly walked out the front door and too a specific pjs in the woods. A frozen pond... lovely. It was majestic as well. I touched the water lightly. Warm. I held my breath and dove under, twirling around. After about an hour of swimming in the pond, voices came. "MADDI!" They screamed my name. I slowly got out from the water. "Who's there?!" I asked cautiously. "Maddi," the man from the house smiled. But when I saw him, the water became cold and frosty, everything was like winter again. I started to shake as the water around me slowly froze. "I found her!" He shouted. He quickly took off his jacket and wrapped it around me. "Don't worry you'll get your memory back soon," he smiled. I nodded slowly. He took me to a fire and let me sit in front of it. "Take this, Darling," the woman I had seen gave me a green pill. "I don't wanna," I said. "Please, it won't hurt you," she assured me. I hesitated when I grabbed it. I stared at it in my hand and slowly raised it to my mouth. I swallowed it slowly. "Do you remember anything?" She asked. "Anything at all?" I could tell she was concerned. Maybe they were my family, I didn't want to take another pill. "Y-yes," I lied. "You're my mother, Draco's my brother, and he's our father! We live here!" I lied hoping that we did live here. "Anything else?" She asked. "About how you lost your memory?" She said putting a strand of hair behind my ear. I shook my head. "As long as you remember us," she smiled sadly. I hugged her. "If you do remember anything else... please, let us know," she mumbled. We sat and talked by the fire for a few minutes about what happened the first time I lost my memory. I stood up to do something, but stumbled backwards. "Maddi?" My mother stood up slowly.