4

Arachne could see the disgust on Bri and Hope faces as they entered her apartment. Even though she tried to convince them not to come over they weren't taking no for a answer. They pleaded and even begged before Arachne agreed to finally let them come over. In all honesty the only reason she did agree was because she slightly missed Angel.

She wasn't sure as to why she missed him, seeing as she had only met him thrice. The first time at the alley and the last time he came over he brought some fancy looking take out and wine lifting her spirits. He was kind and funny with a breathtaking smile that gave her butterflies. Arachne also missed his cheek kisses he'd give her when it was time for him to go. She liked being around him, his personality was refreshing. Even though she hadn't seen Angel he did text her often. He'd always send her good mornings texts, asked her how her day was and even goodnight texts, no matter how late he didn't forget. It made her giddy, feeling like she in high school all over again. But this time with the romantic experience.

"Did you hear me?" Bri says as she and Hope took a seat around her coffee table.

"No I'm sorry my bad." Arachne said taking a seat on her couch. "What did you say?"

"I said is it ok if I order us some pizza?"

Hope clapped her hands excitedly, "can we get some pepperoni pizza? I've been craving it all day."

"Two if it's ok with you Bri, I don't eat pork it'll just end up making me sick." Arachne admits.

"Great two pizzas it is." Bri says dialing out the local LaRosa's number to place a order.

"So have you found a job yet Spider? Me and Bri have been looking all over the place and still haven't gotten a call back from anyone yet."

"Yeah actually that cute little Boutique down the street called me in for a interview yesterday. The woman Miranda told me she would call me if I got the job in two days."

Bri jaw drops, "no fair I put both our resumes in for that place how come they called you?"

Arachne shrugs picking her nails, "something to do with wanting more diversity. Basically the only reason I'm potentially getting this job is because I'm black."

Hope scoffs, "that's why Josh hired me, do you know that man had the nerve to call me colored during the interview process. I swear if I didn't need that damn job at the time I would've cussed his ass out."

Arachne shook her head snickering a bit, "Josh is a complete asshole I don't even think he knows he's being racist half the time."

"Ignorance is bliss." Bri shakes her head.

"So because it's the weekend I brought a little something something." Hope sings before reaching into her large purse and pulled out a bottle of tequila."

"Ohhh you know me so well." Bri sings.

Arachne simply stared at the bottle, she wasn't sure if she wanted to drink with them again. After what happened at the party their friendship was still coming out of that rough patch. Though she was young and didn't like having her past hold her back no matter how long ago it was.

"You want some?" Bri raised a brow, "you don't have to drink if you don't want too."

"No-no it's fine, I'll have a shot or two."

"Girls night is about to be lit!"

"Hold on let me get us some cups." Arachne says before getting up and heading into her kitchen. Grabbing three mix matched glasses she carries them back to the living room handing one off to Bri and Hope.

Bri began filling the cups as Hope pulled out her speaker to begin playing some music.

"So I bought some face masks, a little bit of weed, and some snacks for the munchies." Hope says while pulling the items out of her bag and sitting them on the wobbly coffee table. "Since you're insanely good with rolling I'll let you do the honors Spider." She says before handing the bag of weed to her.