9

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
TRIGGERED WARNING READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED ‼️‼️

There were days like this where Arachne would stay in her bed. Luckily it was the weekend and she didn't have to work but still the stress was enough to make her feel anxious. When she was going to the drug store to get a refill on her prescriptions she was told that her insurance were no longer covered the kind of medication she was currently taking. There was one for her anxiety, ptsd and one for her depression, these drugs were strong but they helped her function.

Without them her mind would run free of all the terrors of her past. For six years straight she was beaten, raped and drugged. At six years old she was strung out on drugs she couldn't possibly name and for six years more she suffered in silence.

Arachne had no one, no one to tell her everything would be alright. No one to tell her that she would be saved someday. No one to give her hope while her childhood slipped away. She had experienced so much pain, like staring death right in the face. Men and women were killed in front of her like the norm. Blood on her hands as she was forced to participate by the man running the sex trade she was apart of. Montae Reed. A sick bastard who indulged in his sins, as he used to tell Arachne she was a special little girl. She was pretty, quite gorgeous with a big afro and pretty brown eyes. Everyone that passed through the trade picking their girl almost settled for Arachne.

Some of the women there were so strung out on drugs still managed to pity the little girl. So young and was constantly being abused, her innocence was ripped from her before she could understand it.

Often times when she was off her medication whether it was a day or two later her mind became clouded with these overbearing thoughts. It absolutely scared her out into a state of shock. No. There was no possible way for her to cope without her medication, ptsd ran rapid, thick through her veins. Too thick for her deal with face to face but right now she had no choice. Unless she came up with the money she'd have to rely on herself to get through the days.

It shattered her, she broke down at the counter while the pharmacist tried to console her. She was scared, she didn't know what to do, where to go or how to feel.

She couldn't talk to her friends because she never told them the truth nor did they ever ask about her strange ticks or behavior. Arachne didn't want them worrying about her or trying to throw money in her face. She had faced enough pity when she was in boarding school. Angel on the other hand had been missing for a month and she had no idea how to contact him. After a while of him being away for so long she told the men watching over her to go back home. She didn't need their help or want their protection. They tried to argue that Angel would have their heads, quite literally in fact. Arachne didn't want to hear it, the mysterious SUV that had been watching her hadn't shown up for a while so she no longer wanted their help.

She just wanted to be alone to cope with her feelings and figure out how she was going to get the money for her medication. She couldn't afford to have mental break downs on the job when a customer walked in that looked merely of an old abuser. Her anxiety was already at a all time high and damn it she kept seeing blood on her hands from what she had done.

Those memories she tried so hard to forget were forcing themselves into her mind and torturing her. That depressing feeling kept trying to emerge and as much as she tried to get her mind off of it those thoughts wouldn't go away. Every sound that came from the hall of her apartment had her in a frenzy. Scared that Montae Reed would pay her a visit. That he was walking right down the hall to her apartment to bring her back to the slums of hell and punish her for leaving.

She remembered the threats he'd make to keep the women in line especially the young girls. Threatening to beat them if they ever thought about escaping, threatening to kill her friends and family if they made it out alive. Telling six year old Arachne that she was a treasure and forever his. His little money maker that brought so much to his business.