14

Jennie laid down on her bed, snuggling close to her covers as the thundering got louder and louder. She had always feared thunderstorms ever since she was a kid. She tried to close her eyes and think about something that made her happy.

Her mind instantly wondered to Lisa. The girl who came to her doorstep, asking to stay the night. She recalled when Lisa held her tight whenever there was a thunderstorm or whenever she felt like it. And hell...did she need Lisa to hug her right now. 

"Jennie...it's just a stupid storm", Jennie whispered to herself as she heard someone knock on the door.  The door creaked open and in came Lisa with messy hair and bags under her eyes. She slowly walked towards Jennie's bed. 

"You okay?", Lisa murmured, sitting at the edge of the bed. 

"What do you mean?", Jennie asked. 

"You're afraid of thunderstorms...", Lisa said softly, staring at the stuff animal she had bought Jennie years ago. 

"I know...", Jennie said. "I'm fine...so please leave".  Jennie turned to her other side, facing the opposite direction of Lisa. She felt the bed dip as Lisa began to crawl next to Jennie, getting under the covers. She snaked her arms around Jennie's waist and hugged her tightly. Lisa could feel Jennie tense up. 

"Relax...I won't try anything", Lisa whispered. "Just go to sleep. You have work tomorrow".  Jennie hesitantly relaxed and leaned back into Lisa's chest.

Another thunder roared, making Jennie squeeze Lisa's hands. Lisa pulled her closer so that her chin was resting upon the younger girl's head. It was about five more minutes until Lisa spoke up again.  "Jennie..." 

"Hm?". 

"Do-", Lisa bit her lip. "Never mind".

Jennie turned around in Lisa's arms and looked up at her, "No, tell me. It's okay". 

Lisa closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "Do you still love me?".

Jennie's eyes widen, "What?". 

"Shit...I'm sorry", Lisa sighed. 

"I do", Jennie muttered. "To be honest, I never stopped".  Lisa looked deep into Jennie's eyes even though the room was dark. Her heart skipped a beat as she processed her words. 

"You do?" 

"I wish I didn't", Jennie said. "It hurts". 

"Why does it hurt?", Lisa asked. 

"I waited for you...", Jennie said lowly. "After I kissed you". 

"I was scared", Lisa said weakly, a lump forming in her throat. "I didn't want to hurt you again. That's why i ignored you yesterday."  Jennie stayed silent, her hands found their way to Lisa's face to caress it.

Chan's words repeating in her hands: Follow your heart. 

"If I gave you another chance...", Jennie started. "Would you hurt me again?". 

Lisa smiled as her thumb flicked over Jennie's lip, "Never".

Lisa kissed Jennie's lips, holding her against her body. Jennie wrapped her arms around Lisa's waist and smiled throughout the kiss, making Lisa groan.  "Stop smiling so I can kiss you properly"