Prologue

For the first half of her life Delilah Dursley knew no pain and wanted for nothing. Her and her twin, Dudley, were spoiled and had all the toys they could ever desire. Delilah loved her family with all her heart, including her cousin Harry who lived with them. Even as a young boy her twin had been bossy and pushy. This led to Delilah being a people pleaser as she never liked to see her twin upset. Therefore; Delilah often tried to share her toys with Harry but Dudley would always intervene. Delilah was always confused as to why her mum, Petunia, and dad, Vernon, seemed to dislike Harry so much. Harry would always play barbies with her when Dudley wanted to play dinosaurs.

Delilah had always seemed perfectly normal in her parents eyes. She had blonde hair and blue eyes just like her twin. This all changed when Delilah Dursley turned 7. Delilah rarely got mad, but one day Dudley had purposefully destroyed her favorite doll. She didn't know how it happened but in the midst of yelling at Dudley, his favorite truck burst apart. Dudley screamed for their parents and in tears told his parents what happened. From that day her parents never looked at her the same again. The attention she got begin to dwindle. The abundance of toys and things withered down. All seven year old Delilah could think is what she had done wrong, why was she no longer good enough.

As the rest of the family started distancing themselves from Delilah, she turned to the only family left. Harry became her closest friend and ally. She started helping him with his chores, her favorite was the gardening. Some nights she would sneak Harry up to her room so he wouldn't have to stay in the dusty cupboard under the stairs. They would have fun pretending to be anywhere else, to be anyone else. As they got older a few more accidents like the truck happened, but not only to Delilah. Harry had ended up on the school roof while wishing he could get away from Dudley and his awful friends. With each accident Delilah could feel her parents slipping away more and more. Some nights she would stay up wondering why wasn't she worthy of love.

Years went by until an escape for both Harry and Delilah came in a form of a letter. Harry had been making breakfast while Delilah watered the plants. Vernon had asked Harry to get the post, a regular morning task. Delilah noticed Harry walking into the room with a smile on his face. She wandered over to him, looking over his shoulder. She saw a letter addressed to Harry, who had never had mail sent to him in his 10 years at the Dursley's. Harry then handed her a letter that looked the same except it was addressed to her. Unfortunately, Dudley had seen and ripped the letters from their hands to show Vernon. Somehow this caused Delilah and Harry to be on room arrest, if you could call Harry's cupboard a room.

Harry had just gotten off cupboard arrest because of an incident at the zoo. On Dudley and Delilah's birthday they got to go to the zoo. Originally Harry wasn't going to come but the neighbor Ms. Figg was unavailable. Delilah got to go to the zoo but had only gotten one present as opposed to Dudley's 36 plus a two tantrum earned presents. Delilah didn't mind though because she knew it could be worse, she saw worse everyday. She hated the way her family treated Harry and even though she wouldn't admit it out loud she hated the way they started treating her. Harry had been looking at a boa while Delilah was looking at a viper. All the sudden she heard a scream that sounded like Dudley. She looked and Dudley was somehow trapped in the boa cage but the boa was slithering next to Harry who was on the ground. Her parents blamed Harry and therefore she didn't see him for a week.

The only time Harry and Delilah got to talk was when they would be tending to the garden. They would tell each other what they saw, Delilah's dad had been bolting the mail slot closed since more letters arrived. Delilah told Harry how her Mum had cracked eggs that had letters inside. One Sunday letters came flying in everywhere. Delilah and Harry still had yet to be able to get one. Vernon reached his breaking point and dragged the family to a hotel. The letters found them there too. Vernon then took them to a hut on a rock off the coast. It was Harry's birthday that night and Delilah stayed up with him to celebrate.

That night a half giant named Hagrid came and told Harry and Delilah that they were a witch and a wizard. It took a lot of convincing for Vernon and Petunia to let Delilah go to Hogwarts. Eventually they decided that it would be better to have her powers away from their house as to not make people think they were abnormal.

Delilah and Harry learned a lot in the day that Hagrid took them both to Diagon Alley. They both learned that Harry was some famous wizard boy who had survived a dark wizard named Voldemort. Harry was starting to feel like maybe he was worth something and Delilah was just glad that they got to escape Privet Dr.

The day that they left to go to Hogwarts was interesting for the cousins. They had to run through a wall to get to the train. Inside a train they met a red-headed boy named Ron Weasley, who became a fast friend. They also crosse paths with a girl named Hermione and a snobbish blonde boy name Draco. At Hogwarts they both got sorted, Harry into Gryffindor, Delilah into Hufflepuff. From this point forward Delilah and Harry's lives would be exciting, dangerous and uncertain.

A/N: 

Hi everyone! I decided to try my hand at writing a fanfic. I had this idea after reading one of the harry potter twins fanfics. Nothing against that plot point, some of them are great. It just got me thinking that I have never personally came across one with the main character being Dudley's twin. (There is probably one out there tbh.) Anyways, I will be mostly following the book plot but it is fanfiction so it will not follow everything exactly and I do plan on altering quite a bit when it comes to relationships and romances. I also really like character/relationship development so they will not be getting together immediately. 

I'm also only going to say this once but obviously I do not own any of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter characters. I only own Delilah Dursley. 

I honestly am just doing this for fun so no mean comments please. My grammar has never been and will never be perfect. If you do see something super obvious/annoying then I don't mind you letting me know! I know some people like to copy stories out there and I really don't mind if you like my idea and want to use it as long as you ask/let me know. 

Sorry about the really long A/N, they most likely won't be this long ever again. I hope you all like this story! Also I'm super bad at making covers so if anyone wants to make one feel free!