Chapter 14

One would have thought Easter Holidays would mean us students would have time to relax. I guess the teachers thought otherwise. Almost every class had an essay due for the next class after break. It was like they wanted our brains to turn to mush from overworking. Unlike winter holidays, quite a bit of students stayed at Hogwarts for Easter Holidays.

"If I look at one more numerology chart today my brain will die," I dramatically lean back in my seat bumping Ernie's arm which was apparently strewn across it. Despite not having our second date, Ernie had gotten more bold doing affectionate things. I wasn't going to stop him as I actually found myself enjoying them, much to Hannah's excitement.

"Maybe we should take a break," Ernie suggests looking over at me from his own chart.

"Please," Hannah says while I nod enthusiastically in agreement.

We pack up our stuff and leave the library. "Do you want to go for a stroll by the greenhouses? I would say the Black Lake but the Professors have been super protective with the whole Sirius Black thing?"

"I think I'm gonna go take a nap," Hannah holds her head.

"I wouldn't mind a stroll," Ernie responds.

We walk with Hannah to the common rooms where I throw on a jumper under my cloak since its still a little chilly outside.

I meet with Ernie again out by the entrance.

"What if we make today an impromptu second date? We can stop by the kitchens really quick and make a picnic and eat it in the greenhouse" Ernie curiously asks.

"Yeah that would be a lot of fun!"

After packing some sandwiches and fruit we make our way to the greenhouses. We complain about our classwork on our walk.

"So why do you think you love Herbology so much?" Ernie asks once we set up our picnic and sit down.

I think for a bit before answering, "I think it's because I would garden at home as an escape. Plus I am named after a plant."

"What about you, why do you like potions so much?"

"I love the idea that you can create anything with it. It reminds me of cooking almost and I've always helped my mum out with the cooking." Ernie face brightens as he talks about potions.

"Potions is nothing like cooking! I'm good at cooking but I suck at potions." I disagree.

"I think you just aren't good with the time limit and stress that Snape causes." Ernie encourages.

"Well thanks for having faith in me," I smile up at him.

"Anytime!"

We continue to chat and I even teach Ernie about some of the plants he's unfamiliar with in the greenhouses. I really do appreciate that he listens or at least pretends to cate about my interests. The impromptu date goes just as well as the first one. I definitely think I'm feeling more things than friendship toward Ernie now. 

***

My poor cousin not only had to worry about his homework, but has been practicing quidditch almost non-stop. I swear Oliver was acting like they would all die if they lost this game. I'm pretty competitive but Oliver is a whole different level.

As the game was approaching I could tell Harry was getting more and more stressed. I decided to whisk him away one day after quidditch despite his many protests that he just wanted to sleep.

"Trust me Harry! It'll only be an hour and then you can go to bed," I bargain.

Harry reluctantly agrees, "Fine, this better be good."