Chapter 18

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay? What happened?" Hannah asks from beside Ernie.

I'm not sure how to respond. I'm not sure that Dumbledore would want the news spread around, or that they would believe me.

"I don't really know, I passed out after the whomping willow hit me after some dog took Ron."

"Well, I'm glad you're okay," Ernie grabs my hand.

"Are you allowed out of here yet?" Hannah questions.

"No, Madam Pomfrey wants to keep Ron and I under observation for one more day because of our concussions."

"Do you want us to stay, I know we were planning on going to Hogsmeade together?" Ernie asks.

"No, No you both go ahead. Have fun! Just make sure to bring me some goodies."

I appreciate them wanting to stay with me but I don't want them to miss out on a fun time.

"Are you sure?" Hannah prods.

I nod my head, "Yes, I need to replenish my stash before I'm stuck at home. I'll pay you back once I'm out of here."

"Hey Macmillan," I roll my eyes at Harry. Harry had always called Ernie by his first name until we started going out.

"Hey Harry," Ernie greets happily, unaware of Harry's new thoughts on him. While Harry and Ernie were never great friends they were friendly enough. Like how I was with Ron and Hermione but a little less close. I happen to be more social than Harry. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good," Harry responds shortly.

Not being able to stand the awkwardness any longer I say, "You both should get going before you miss the carriages."

Ernie looks at his watch, "Yeah we probably should be going."

"I'll see you later!" I smile at both of them.

Ernie starts leaning down, I assume to give me a kiss on the cheek when he quickly straightens up. I turn my gaze to Harry to find him giving a death glare.

"We'll see you!" Hannah shares a look with me and drags Ernie out of the hospital wing.

I turn my head toward Harry, "What is your problem?"

"Me, I don't have a problem," Harry pretends to be unaware of his behavior.

"I don't know why you think being a git is going to accomplish anything."

"Just because you're dating him doesn't mean I have to be nice."

I scoff, "You used to be nice! Literally nothing has changed."

"Hermione come get your friend," I yell out to Hermione not feeling like dealing with Harry's immaturity right now, my head is still a little achy.

Hermione makes her way over, "What did he do now?"

Harry's eyebrows shoot up in surprise, "I didn't do anything!"

"Oh you definitely did something then," she counters.

"He did," I send a smug smile toward Harry, "He once again was mean to Ernie for no reason."

Hermione looks between Harry and I with a look that I know to be her thinking face.

"C'mon Harry, Madam Pomfrey said we were free to go and you know how she feels about visitors staying outside visiting time."

I'm a little surprised by what she says but figure there's a good enough reason for her to completely change the subject. Either way I'm grateful as I could do with a small nap.