part 7

DENZEL

I was in class taking notes for our upcoming exam and then my phone started ringing. It was from my older brother. I declined it but he called again. I got up and stepped out into the hallway so that I could answer his call.

"Hey bro. Wassup?"I said.

"Aye where you at?" He asked me.

"I'm at school. You good?" Just by his voice I could tell something was wrong.

"Um you need to go home for this news. I don't want you to be in the wrong head space while you're at school. "He said to me.

"You can tell me. It's okay. "I told him.

"Denzel go home. It's a family emergency. Like you need to be at home foreal. "He said to me.

"Aight man. I'm about to leave. Don't hang up because I live around the corner. "I said.

I put my phone on mute then I went back into the classroom to get my stuff.

"I have to leave because of a family emergency. "I told my professor as I was walking out.

"Okay I hope everything is fine. The notes will be on Google classroom so you can go back and look at them for the exam. "She said.

I walked outside to my car and got in it.

"Bro. "I said as I unmuted my phone.

"Yeah I'm still here. You at home?" He asked me.

"Nah I'm headed there now. "

I went a little over the speed limit so that I could make it home faster. I was nervous as fuck. I was really on edge, hoping that he wouldn't tell me nothing too bad. I pulled into my driveway and hopped out my car then went into the house. Jayece met me at the door then she kissed me.

"I'm home now wassup. "I said. I put my phone on speaker phone and sat it on the counter so that I could remove my hoodie.

"Omari passed away. "He said.

"BRO WHAT!?" I yelled. I guess I caught Jayece off guard because she jumped.

"Yes man. They killed him. They shot him then dumped his body in the middle of the road for people to run him over. "He said. He broke down into tears.

I threw my phone against the wall and it shattered. "FUCK!" I yelled. My heart was broken. How could they do this? That was my brother man. My baby brother. How could they take him from me? My chest felt heavy and I felt like I couldn't breathe. It felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest.

Jayece ran over to me and embraced me with a hug. I hugged her back and I just cried. I collapsed into her arms and then we fell upon the floor. I can admit that she tried to hold me up but she was strong enough.

"I got you baby. "She said as she held me.

"THEY TOOK MY BABY BROTHER FROM ME MAN! THAT WAS MY LITTLE BROTHER JAYE! I AIN'T GONE NEVER GET ANOTHER HIM!" I cried into her arms. This the first time in my life that I've been this emotional. I never cried in front of nobody or to nobody but I couldn't hold it in. I was hurting.

"I know baby I know. "She said as she rocked me back and forth. I felt her tears falling onto my face as well and her grip on my tightened.

"JAYECE IM SO FUCKING HURT RIGHT NOW! BRING MY LITTLE BROTHER BACK PLEASE! PLEASE JAYECE! I CAN'T BREATHE! WHY DIDN'T THEY TAKE ME! HE NEEDED ME JAYE AND I WASNT THERE. I WASN'T THERE TO PROTECT HIM LIKE A BIG BROTHER SHOULD PROTECT HIS LITTLE BROTHER! I JUST WANT MY BROTHER BACK JAYECE! CAN YOU BRING HIM BACK TO ME?! GOD I CAN'T TAKE IT!" I cried so more. I was in pain physically and mentally. Nothing or nobody could take this pain away from me.

"If I could I'd bring him back to you baby but I can't. I wish I could. I really wish that I could. And don't blame yourself for this. You're a great brother and always have been. Don't let those demons make you feel otherwise. I'm here for you baby. "

We just laid on the floor and cried together. I liked that about her. She didn't judge me for showing emotions and crying. She was actually there for me and trying to comfort me. If only this pain could go away.

I'm so fucked up behind this shit. They really took my little brother from me man. That was my brother, couldn't nobody do anything to him when he was around me.

I wiped my tears from up off me face and straightened up. "Somebody gone die behind this shit. "I told her.

"Look at me baby. "She said then I looked up at her as she held my face on both sides with her hands. "If getting revenge makes you feel better, do that. Whatever it takes to stop the pain that you're feeling do it. I'm behind you one hundred percent. "She said then she kissed me on the lips. I love the way she operated.

"We have to go to Memphis. It's about an eight hour drive from here. "I told her.

"You want to go tonight? I'll drive. "She said.

"Yeah we can leave tonight but we can both drive four hours each. I'm not gone make you drive the whole way. "I told her.

"Nah its completely fine. I know you want some time to think about what's next. "She said to me.

"Nah we both driving. "I told her. I stood up to my feet then I helped her up. She grabbed the broom and started sweeping up my shattered phone.

"What are you going to do about this?" She asked me.

"It's fine. I have another phone in my room. "I told her.

She threw that in the trash then we went into my bedroom.

"Once you pack your stuff, we can go to my place so that I can pack my stuff. I just don't want to leave you here alone. "

"Honestly, I just want to get on the road and get there. I'll buy us both new stuff once we get there unless it's something specific that you need from your place. "I said to her.

"Nah. I already have my phone and charger. I most likely won't be doing homework while I'm there so I'll leave my laptop. "

"Ok well let me set this phone up then we can go. "

"Okay. "She was about to walk out the door until I grabbed her.

"Thank you." I said to her as I held her waist then we kissed.

"You don't have to thank me. Just know that when you need me, I'm going to always be here for you. No matter what. "She said.

"Same for you. Forever. You're mines. " I said to her. 

Follow me on Instagram @ xoaliciainsta . . .I follow back ♡

xo, author