part 8

JAYECE

"Baby slow down. "I said to Zel as I placed my hand on top of his. We were on our way to Memphis and it was his turn to drive. He was speeding beyond the speed limit for speeders. Usually they'll do about twenty over the limit but he's literally flooring it. His road rage is out of the roof right now.

"I'm sorry. "He said. He relaxed a bit and sat back in his seat. At first he was riding the wheel, had me gripping the seats with my ass cheeks and my hand holding on to the ceiling handle.

"I can drive the rest of the way. We only have like an hour and a half left. "I offered.

"No baby. Get some rest. "He said then he kissed my hand. There was no way I was going to sleep with him driving.

On another note, I do feel so bad about his brother passing. I can tell that it really hurt him. Just seeing him cry and break down the way that he did, brought so much sadness and heartache upon my spirit. Like I felt the pain myself. He definitely transferred some of that energy onto me. I'm hurting for him.

He's so hurt by it. He haven't answered his phone. Everybody is getting sent to voicemail and he's not replying back to texts. He deactivated all his social media because people were starting to spam his comments, some were trolls but majority were sending condolences. His dms were also started to flood. It was just best that he deactivated everything.

Only a few people messaged me to try and reach him but he didn't want to talk nor reply so I left it at that. I had turned my comments off before people even got the chance to comment anything.

Zel pulled up to a gas station. No lie it looked creepy as hell out here. It was a few cars parked getting gas as well but the whole area was just giving me bad vibes. I put my glock in my pocket on the inside of my jacket and Zel tucked his into his waistband.

"You going in?" He asked me and I nodded my head yes.

We got out the car and he grabbed my hand as we walked inside.

"I'll be back I have to use the restroom. "I told him.

"Okay do you want anything out of here?" He asked me.

"Um cherry coke and peanut butter grandma cookies. Thanks babe. "I told him. I found the bathroom and I went inside. It was pretty clean for it to be a gas station public restroom. I snapped a few pictures in the mirror then I posted one on my IG story.

I used the bathroom then washed my hands and left out. Zel was waiting for me by the door with my snacks.

"Thank you. "I told him.

"You're welcome. "He said. We went outside. I didn't get in the car because I didn't want to leave him standing outside pumping the gas. Again the area was pretty sketchy.

"Where are we?" I asked him.

"Shit. I think Mississippi. I haven't even been paying attention to the gps. I'm just trying to get there. "He told me. I nodded my head. His eyes were glued to something else so I turned my head to see what he was looking at and it was a black scat. Two dudes got out of it and Zel mugged them hard as hell. The gas was finished so he put the pump back.

I was still looking at the guys. They seemed like typical college guys. You know the party and play games type.

"Come on. Let's go. "Zel tapped my arm.

We both got in the car.

"Do you know them? I noticed you frowned at them. "I asked him.

"Yup. Gotta keep an eye on them. "He said then he drove off.

I'm not sure if the guys even saw him. They didn't seem like they were paying attention.

We were on the road for about another hour until Zel pulled up into a driveway.

There was quite a few cars parked out front. We got out the car and that's when my social anxiety kicked in. Seeing all these cars, I already knew it was a house full of people. The house wasn't that big but you know black people will make a way to fit five generations into one living room.

I grabbed onto Denzel's arm and we walked into the house. The door was already unlocked so we just walked in. Everyone was definitely in the living room.

"Hey baby. "An older lady said as she approached Denzel. They hugged and then once they pulled away, she stepped back and looked at me.

"This is my girlfriend Jayece. "He introduced.

"Hey. You look familiar. Yall where we know her from?" She asked the crowd that was in the living room.

"That's the girl from that party video. She was about to shoot the party up over him. "Someone answered. I just know my cheeks turned red. That's not how expected them to know me.

"Hm. I just want you to know that you're in Memphis. We don't tolerate all that out here. "She said.

I laughed at her like literally laughed in her face. "No matter where I'm at, if I feel disrespected or threatened, I will get active. "I told her.

Denzel looked at me and then her.

"Oh really?" She asked me as she placed her hand on her hip.

"Yes ma'am. Anything else I should know about "Memphis?" I asked her.

"Ok yall stop it. We're not here for that. "Zel intervened. I refused to let her clown me in front of these people. Respect is earned not given.

She walked away from us. Zel took a seat on the couch then pulled me down upon his lap. The energy in the air was so bad and negative. I didn't even want to be here simply because I didn't feel welcomed. I'm just here to support him.

I know that y'all missed me. I joined the navy in January and I had to go to boot camp from March until June. I'm back now so the updates will be flowing.

Part 2 coming soon...

- xo Alicia 💝