1

Fran

"Frannie, honey."

I turned around, my eyes on Mom as I adjusted my bikini top. "Yes?"

She tilted her head over, her eyes darting down to my chest and back up to my eyes quickly.

"Mom, I can't help it," I said, "I don't want them to be spilling out, they just are. None of my clothes fit anymore."

I turned to look at myself in the mirror, letting out a defeated sigh. Summer was here, and my top half had blown up like a balloon. I officially had no bathing suits I could wear anymore.

"I have some tops you can borrow," she said, "I have a really nice halter one that has an adjustable boob part. It would match your black bottoms."

"Those don't fit anymore," I said, throwing them on my bed, "they're like a thong now."

Mom smiled and leaned against my doorframe. "The joys of birth control."

I smiled an extremely sarcastic smile, looking over at her as I tied my hair up into a claw clip.

"Josie did a great job on those shorts," she said.

"Didn't she?" I asked, "they're the only ones my ass doesn't hang out of now."

Mom giggled and patted my door frame. "I'll go grab that top I was telling you about."

I let out a sigh and examined my body in the mirror. I, Francesca King, was no longer built like a twelve year old boy. I'd also taken my twelve year old boy physique for granted. All those times I'd wished for the curves that Josie had, I wish it could have all been taken back.

"Hello, hello," Josie happily sang, skipping in my room, "woah! Hooters called, they need their most valued employee on the floor today."

"Jo, I hate them," I laughed out, looking over at her.

"Um, Brian is going to die," she said, "show them off, Frannie girl!"

I scoffed and sat on my bed, leaning back on my palms. "Mom's bringing me one of her tops. I literally can't fit into any of my clothes anymore."

"Birth control does it to ya," she said, "where's Hero?"

"He and Amelia had an appointment," I said.

"I feel so bad for her. What a douche to knock her up and have her extremely pregnant during summer, right?"

I laughed and looked up at her, biting down on my lip when Mom walked in my room.

"Here it is," Mom said, holding it up to her chest, "see? Cute. Not too mom-ish."

"Woah, that's super sexy, Aunt Lena," Josie said, "I bet Uncle Jo loves that one."

Mom giggled, chunking it at me. "Uncle Jo would love me in a potato sack."

Josie placed her hand over her heart. "My favorite couple."

"Hey, where's Henry?" I asked, walking into my closet to change into the top Mom had loaned me.

"He's out with Jesse," she said.

I lifted an eyebrow, peeking out of my closet. "Jesse? As in Jesse Brown?"

"Yup," Josie said, "they have somehow become besties."

"I thought Jesse was, like, super homophobic," I muttered, tying the back of my top.

"Apparently not anymore," she said, "those two have literally been inseparable. And it's nice, Henny honestly doesn't have many actual friends outside of us. I'm glad to see him socializing with more people besides Zach."