11

Eros

"Dude, you good?"

I looked over at James, nodding. "Yeah."

"Still pissed about your girl?"

"Honestly, yeah," I said, spritzing my cologne on my body, "who the fuck buys something like that?"

"An eighteen year old girl, that's who," he said, "why are you so worried?"

"'Cause I know guys," I said, looking over at him.

"Bro, I thought you basically didn't give a fuck about her anyways," he said, swiping my bag of steroids from the counter in front of me, "thought these were your thing now."

I grabbed the bag from his hand, clenching my jaw. "I care about her."

He looked over at me, not looking too convinced.

"I'm also not thinking about her tonight," I said, "I'm going to Ryan's to have a good fucking time."

"Yeah, well, if you really love her, you'll get about two drinks in and want to call her," he said, "so we'll see how that works out."

I glared over at him, rolling my eyes.

"And I'm getting wasted, too, so we're gonna have to find a DD somewhere," he said.

"Or just stay at Ryan's," I said, "he's got room."

"Perks of being an upperclassmen with rich parents," he said, smiling over at me.

I looked at myself one last time in the mirror, unbuttoning the top button of my shirt before turning off the bathroom light. James and I walked out of our dorm, running into a few other guys.

"Yo, I heard the girls' team is coming, too," Noah said, his hands on my shoulders, "and we know how soccer players are built, let me t-"

"Yeah, your boy Eros has a girlfriend," James said, looking over at the two of us as we walked down the hallway.

"No shit?" Noah asked, laughing.

I placed my tongue in my bottom lip, fighting a smile.

"Well, shit, what's she look like?"

"She's pretty," James chimed in, "a little too pretty for Eros's liking-"

"Cut that shit out, man," I said, "come on, I said I'm not thinkin' about her tonight. Let me have my freedom?"

I walked backwards out of our dorm building, looking around for our Uber that I'd booked for us. Once we found it, we all piled in.

"Yo, you want a shot?" Noah asked, nodding towards the driver.

"No, I'd rather drive sober," he muttered.

I chuckled, grabbing the bottle of tequila and taking a sip.

"Well, I drive great when I have had a sip of tequila," Noah said.

"He said no, man," James said, cautiously grabbing the bottle and taking a sip.

Noah leaned his head back and sighed, shaking his head. "I'm manifesting three hot girls tonight."

I laughed, dapping him up. My phone chimed, making me look down at it.

[From: Josie]
Please be safe tonight

I turned my phone over, my tongue in my bottom lip.

"Well, that's sweet," Noah said.

"She's suffocating sometimes," I said, shaking my head.

"I think it's nice that she gives a fuck," James said, "you know how many guys would kill for that?"