28

Hero

"And you're sure you can watch Isla?"

Henry chuckled, throwing a skittle in his mouth. "Yes, Hero."

I buttoned up my shirt, looking at him through the mirror.

"You know, it's not that I don't trust you—"

"Dude."

"I just love her so much," I said, "it's hard for me."

"Josie, Zach, and myself will have this shit under control."

I let out a sigh, nodding as I straightened out my shirt. "Okay then."

"You excited for your date?" He asked, grinning.

"Mm hmm," I said, "I don't know why I'm nervous, though."

"Love sweats."

I smiled, looking back at him.

"I'll bet five you two won't even make it out of the driveway," he teased.

I threw my shirt at him, grinning.

He laughed, nodding. "Every time Zach and I have attempted to go on a date, it just doesn't happen."

"Oh, it does," Zach said, walking in my room, "it's just a date in my room."

Henry smiled as he sat next to him, making me sweep my hand through my hair one last time before walking away from my mirror. "Okay. How do I look?"

"Like your dad's twin," Zach deadpanned.

"So my dad," Henry said, looking over at him.

Zach knitted his brows together, tilting his head over. "Yeah. But more like your dad."

I let out a sigh, shaking my head. "This is confusing."

"You look just like Dad," Fran said, "that whole getup."

"Is it too much?" I asked.

"No," she said, smoothing out my collar, "Amelia will appreciate it. She looks so pretty."

I walked out of my room and jogged downstairs, making everyone follow me.

"I'll supervise," Josie said, reassuring me before I could even speak.

I bit down on my lip. Josie and I were still in a weird spot. I was just waiting on her to come around.

I pressed a kiss to Isla's head, letting out a sigh. "Please be careful with her."

"We will, bro," Henry said, roughly patting my back, "go on. Have a good night."

I walked outside and saw Amelia leaned against my car, making all of my worries suddenly go away. I lifted an eyebrow, grinning as I walked over to her.

"Well, that's sexy," I said, "you and my car."

She laughed, pulling me into her. "Looking very corporate."

"Is it too much?"

"Mm, no," she said, biting down on her lip, "makes me want to go back inside and take it off of you."

I lifted my brows as she pressed a kiss to my neck, making me brace my hand against my car. You've got to at least make it out of the driveway.

I patted her backside, pulling away from her. "We'll have to find a spot for that later."

She smiled up at me. "Mm hmm."

I opened her door for her, rubbing my hands down my face as I walked around the back of my car to my door.