20

Fran

I quietly crept downstairs, chewing on my lip as I searched around for any sign of anyone.

I was on a mission. If I didn't have to sleep alone, I wouldn't be doing so.

Brian was in the pool house, and I could tell he was still awake by the lights that had been beaming into my room.

I made it to the last stair, quietly stepping onto the floor in hopes of if Dad happened to still be in his office, he wouldn't hear me.

"What are you doing?"

I slowly turned around, seeing Thomas standing in the kitchen.

"What are you doing?"

"I asked you first," he said, lifting an eyebrow.

"I am..." I began, "I'm going to see if Brian needs any more blankets or pillows."

He narrowed his eyes. "I'm sure you didn't plan on coming back, huh?"

"Cover for me," I said, shooting him a smile.

He took a sip of his yoo-hoo, shrugging. "You owe me one."

"Hey, you're not supposed to drink those after nine," I said.

A guilty smile crossed his face. "Cover for me?"

I giggled and we fist bumped before I quietly walked over to the French doors, gently opening one of them. I ran across the yard and gently knocked on Brian's door.

I bit down on my lip, shifting from foot to foot as I waited on him to open it.

The door opened and I smiled a soft smile, trailing my eyes down his body.

"Hey, baby," he sleepily greeted, rubbing his eyes, "sorry, I fell asleep."

"That's okay," I said, "can I come in?"

He opened his eyes fully, smiling. "Aren't you supposed to be in bed?"

"The bed I'm supposed to be in was not clarified," I said, grinning up at him as I walked in.

He chuckled, closing the door. "If we get caught, you're coming up with an elaborate story."

"Done," I said, smiling.

He walked into the kitchen, pouring himself a glass of water. He let out a breath as he took a sip, earning my eyes. Did he know what he was doing, or did he really just not know that every noise he made sounded like a sex sound?

"It's so fucking easy to fall asleep in here. I don't know why."

I walked into the kitchen, eliminating the space between us. "Mm."

He placed his glass down on the counter, looking down at me as he softly grabbed my hips.

I trailed my fingertips down his long, defined torso and stopped at the waistband of his pajama pants. These pants drive me crazy.

"What are you wearing?" He asked, nodding down at my robe.

"Not much," I whispered, grinning up at him.

He smiled, untying my robe to reveal a matching set — my actual first one. Josie and I had gone shopping and done some serious retail therapy after her breakup.

His eyes went round, a smile tugging at his lips.

"You awake now?" I asked, wrapping an arm around his neck.

He boosted me up into his arms, making me giggle and pull his lips to mine. He walked us over to the bed, sitting on the edge of it with me in his arms.