Stories

The orange light began to fade into the ocean, and the chilling breeze of night began to set in. The cats of Seaclan quietly went into their respected dens, saying good nights to friends and family. Fawnstar had settled into the rocky hollow used as a leader's den, and the sea could be heard washing down the beach. Inside the warm nursery den, Lynxfoot wrapped herself around her kits, and closed her eyes.

"Lynxfoot! Can we please hear a story? you never tell us stories!" Spiderkit squeaked, trying to wriggle around beside his siblings to find a comfortable position. The she-cat looked down at her kits, a set of green, blue, and yellow eyes all staring at her. Lynxfoot let out a purr, "Fine, my little stars". The kits shrieked happily, and got comfy. from across the room Mudkit and Icekit crawled over their mother, and ran up to Lynxfoot. "Can we PLEASE listen to the story too?" Mudkit mewed. The queen took a glance at Coppersnout, and as she nodded, Lynxfoot nodded her consent as well.

As all the kits settled down, the queen asked "What kind of story would you like? How about the Fox and the Lion? or the story of the ocean cats? How about the story of your father, Mudkit? Icekit?". The two she-kits opened their eyes wide. "What do you mean? Twistedear is normal. Isn't he?" Mudkit mewled, clearly confused. Icekit looked up at Lynxfoot curiously with her multi-coloured eyes. "Well, dears, Twistedear had an adventure when he was young... would you like to hear the tale?" The queen asked. At this point, Coppersnout had come over to listen to the story, curling her tail around Mudkit. Even Thorntongue padded a little closer to hear the story. "Do we have to listen to a boring story about Twistedear?" Bearkit mewed, gaining a glare from Thorntongue. "You will listen to the story, and like it!" the grey she-cat meowed. "Well", Lynxfoot started, "it all began in Peakclan..."