Fog's Story

Fog walked into the forest, Snake trotting along happily beside her. They talked, Fog being her usual grumpy self, and Snake getting excited about the smallest things. He seemed happy and bright, laughing at jokes and making cute comments. Although he might be a bit of a polar opposite to Fog, she seemed happier as they walked.

Finally, they approached the pond. It seemed the same as when they first saw it, until Fog noticed something shifting in the shadey undergrowth. A huge wolf stalked forward. It was light brown, mottled with darker browns. It had unusually bright amber eyes that looked like they could pierce a cat like a claw. The wolf opened its mouth, and let out a raspy, terrifying breath. "Hello, cats. Why is it you come here?" she asked, her speech slightly twisted. "You can speak cat?" Snake blurted out, earning himself a slight glare from Fog.

The wolf pulled her lips back into something that looked like a smile, and laughed. "I learned from some friends. So, why are you here?" she barked again. "We are here to settle down. I am Fog, this is Snake." the brown she-cat meowed, standing tall. "Ah" the wolf rasped, "I am Treads-On-Moon. I live here". Snake was shivering a bit, but Fog pressed against him, giving him strength. "How can we convince you to let us stay here?" the she-cat mewed.

The wolf laughed again, and smiled. "Fight me." Without any warning, the great wolf lunged. As quick as a viper, Fog shoved Snake out of the way and jumped onto the wolf's back. Treads-On-Moon was strong, and she easily ripped the she-cat from her back. They faced each other, snarling wildly. Fog slashed at the wolf as she snapped at Fog. The battle went on, showing no sign of ending, both animals trying to outlast the other.

Finally, Fog dashed up a tree, sending Treads-On-Moon barking up its side, too big to scramble up. Fog took a look around, and jumped onto the wolf's back, biting down hard on its neck. The wolf trashed wildly, trying to dislodge the cat. Eventually, the wolf managed to throw the cat to the ground, but by this time blood was streaming down over her fur.

Fog scrambled up, ready to continue the fight, but Treads-On-Moon sat back, grinning. "You fought well, Fog. I concede. This camp is now yours. Remember it as a den for fighters, and for warriors. For the strong, but also the weak. For the loved and the loved." she nodded defeat. Fog snarled. "What would you know of caring for the weak?". Treads-On-Moon smiled, and yipped loudly. Out of the hollow tree tumbled out two wriggling pups, one looking like her mother and another pure black. "This is Lonely-Flower and Tiny-Stone. Goodbye Fog and Snake. The moon wishes you luck." She barked, and padded, with her pups behind her, into the darkness.