❱ 𝗇 𝖾 𝗐

❝no, you idiot

no, you idiot. aeri is not a zombie nor a half.❞

the door slammed open once again, revealing two familiar figures. kang hyeon rolled her eyes at jung chaewon's tendency to have a dramatic entrance and looked at her former classmates, staring at them blankly. ❝ri is not a half.❞

chaewon smiled mockingly at their stunned expressions, getting in the room casually and closing the door silently. ❝surprised to see us out of the mental so suddenly?

❝of course, they would be. it's been a year, dumbass.❞

the jung pouted and turned the kang with a glare, meeting her blank one. the duo held a staring competition but it didn't last too long with how hyeon turned to the storage room, hearing a faint clutter. chaewon followed her gaze and smirked, ❝it's her, isn't it..?

❝probably.. let's check that room later-❞

❝kang hyeon.. why are you here?❞ lee cheongsan pointed at the kang shakily while the jung sarcastically remarked. ❝baby, i'm not even here. i'm just a mere hallucination.❞ unfortunately for her, they have ignored her remarks.

❝don't you know that it's rather rude to just point your finger at someone? they might just break it.❞ the taller out of the duo calmly replied, crossing her arms as she tilted her head. ❝yeah! you even greeted us with such great enthusiasm!

❝how come are the two of you here when they haven't released you-❞

hyeon scoffed, rolling her eyes. ❝did you seriously thought that even the asylums are safe from the virus? if you did, then you're an utter and complete idiot.❞ jung chaewon snorted at their dumbfounded expressions, just amused with everything that is happening.

❝didn't you kill a man..?

the jung's eyes darkened at the mention, rolling her eyes as her smile and amusement went out. the kang only maintained a poker face. ❝to be fair, he was indirectly asking nayeon to have 'fun' with him when we were in junior high, in front of us as well.. disgusting, really.❞

they're psychopaths..❞

❝oh no, i am not a psychopath. i'm a sadist.❞ chaewon smiled brightly, though her eyes still held no emotion. ❝she's the psycho.❞ she slightly nudged her head to hyeon who only rolled her eyes. ❝come to think of it, we make a perfect group!

jung chaewon smiled and listed innocently. ❝hye's a psycho, i'm a sadist, mihee is the fighter, and aeri's the brain. such a perfect friend group.❞

			moon aeri slaughtered around thirty zombies that day, choi mihee just watching on the side as she vented her anger and sorrow towards the monsters

moon aeri slaughtered around thirty zombies that day, choi mihee just watching on the side as she vented her anger and sorrow towards the monsters. ❝..he was supposed to be immune, how could he do that!❞ the moon child continued, breathing heavily.

❝don't overdo it, aeri.❞

just as the choi said that, the said girl spun and held her katana up- scaring the girl that was just behind her. ❝whoa! be careful with that sword.❞ she held her arms up, suddenly feeling threatened. mihee took a glance to know who the girl is and narrowed her eyes.

❝aren't you.. bae jihyun?

aeri glanced at the council president and to the unknown face, her face falling into a stoic one. ❝you know her?❞ the moon crossed her arms, tilting her head to the side slightly. ❝personally, nope. but i did see her records before. quite impressive to see you alive, miss prodigy.❞

the prodigy in question winced at the nickname, but didn't say anything. ❝i'm not a prodigy, but thank you, i guess..❞ the moon child let her hand that was gripping the katana fall beside her, leaning against the wall.

❝so how did you survive?

❝ah, you might not know but i-❞

❝she's a kendo district champion, aeri. didn't you joined the team as well?

said girl shrugged and carelessly kicked a zombie away from them. ❝yeah, i guess so..❞ jihyun watched in slight awe as she noticed how unbothered the duo looked. ❝are there any.. survivors out there?❞ mihee crossed her arms, looking intimidating as she looked down on the bae.

❝i did saw some seniors running towards the archery team's gym-❞

❝the four of them are alive, huh.❞ the choi muttered, smiling to herself as she glanced at the moon child who was busy fiddling with the ring on her finger. ❝i see. thank you, jihyun. you can come with us as payback, we can protect each other.❞

the moon just pushed herself away from the wall and walked ahead, not bothering to listen on mihee's way of manipulating the poor freshman into joining them. ❝leave the girl alone, mihee.❞ she bluntly called out, looking at the smirking girl and the now flushed bae jihyun.

❝the more, the merrier. don't you know that?

❝i'm no team player so no.❞

❝you're so anti-social that it's so weird to see you with your classmates. usually, you'd leave them when your dad's battalion reaches you and they did-❞

choi mihee's smirk grew wider as she looked down slightly at the younger girl. ❝or is the reason as to why you haven't left yet is my precious cousin, nam-❞ she suddenly felt a knee digging through her stomach, causing her to double over with a pained grunt. ❝shut up, choi.❞

jihyun watched the two, slightly concerned for the girl who was in pain. ❝anyway, shall we head for the rooftop?❞ mihee recovered, smiling once again.

❝check your cousin first.❞

aeri didn't bother to wait for a response and walked away, only to stop when she saw that the classroom they were in earlier is now swarming with zombies. raising an eyebrow, the moon child debated whether to help or not.

choi mihee was faster at deciding, though. the choi pulled her inside and helped the others hold the barricade they have made with great difficulty. ❝senior mihee's here so that means..!❞ nam onjo looked around and try to spot their class vice president, only to be disappointed when the said girl was nowhere to be seen.

❝moon aeri..❞ even mihee was surprised that her younger friend had disappeared like a ghost when she looked away for a split second.

❝idiots, who even in their right mind would do this..❞

❞