5

A week later.

"Nah. One ton of weed for eight million? Nigga people barely smoking weed. I'm not paying eight million. Five or nothin'." Saint shrugged, contradicting his own words because he was literally smoking a blunt.

"I'll only do five for the Mary Jane if you still buying the coke." One of his plugs, TJ, gestured with his hands.

"One ton of cocaine for how much? Twenty seven million?" He asked, and TJ nodded.

Saint pondered in thought, picking up one of the bags of weed as he blew smoke out of his mouth.

His phone rung, and he reached in his pocket, before a smile graced his face.

"Hold up. I be right back." He told TJ, who nodded, then Dave walked out of his office, standing in the quiet hall.

"Wassup baby? I miss you." He answered Imani's call, looking out at the view of a snow covered New York.

"Hey handsome. I miss you too. Are you busy right now?" She asked, and he cleared his throat, trying to mask his excitement.

"No, I'm not doing nothing. You good?" He ran his hand over his braids, hoping she'd let him come see her.

"My car broke down from the snow on my way to work, and I kinda need a ride home. But I'm off for the next two days, so I'd like to spend some time with you too." She said, and he pulled his car keys from his pocket.

"I'm on my way. Send your lo." He replied, heading back towards his office.

"Thank you Saint. I appreciate you." She spoke softly, and he licked over his lips, a smile on his face.

"You welcome mama. Stay in the building until I get there okay?"

"Okay. Bye bye." She mumbled, before hanging up.

"Say, we gotta finish this later. I'll invoice you the money, send my shit through Atlantic ports. Too many boats in the pacific. Ima get up wit' you." Saint dapped TJ up, who nodded, grabbing his suitcase of test product.

"Preciate it. I got you, hit me with yo instructions." TJ said, heading towards the door.

"Fasho. Be easy." Saint dismissed him, and he left out of the office as Saint grabbed his coat, heading out as well.

"Alayna cancel whatever else I got planned for today. And go home early." He told her, and she smiled.

"Thank you!" She called, and he held up the peace sign as he walked towards the elevator.

He couldn't even front like he wasn't excited to see Imani. They'd been spending the last few days on FaceTime for hours at a time, and sometimes at the Center, but he wanted to see her in person where it was just the two of them.

He turned the heat on in his car as he drove, that way it'd be warm when she got inside. Driving carefully on the snow covered ground, he arrived to the address she sent him within twenty minutes.

He looked up at the daycare center that she worked at, opening his car door from the inside, seeing Imani jogging to his car.

"Shit. It's freezing out there." Her teeth chattered as she climbed inside, closing the door behind her.

"You look good." He chuckled, seeing the tan colored slacks she wore along with a navy blue uniform shirt, making her smile.

"Boy." She mushed his head, and he laughed, turning the heat up.

"I missed you." She leaned over, and he turned his head, softly kissing her lips.

"Can't tell. Youn never let me see you where it's just me and you." He chuckled, grabbing her hand.