16

Six days later.

"Imani, please get out my face. Just a few minutes baby. Okay?" Saint tried not to show the irritation in his voice, sitting at his desk.

"Mekhi it's just lunch." She mumbled, and he turned his head, seeing a plate of fried chicken salad in her hand, making him sigh.

"I'm sorry. Shit-I'm sorry Imani. It's a lot going on right now. Thank you baby." He grabbed the plate from her, and then grabbed her neck, pulling her down to kiss her cheek.

"Is it something I can help with?" She asked, letting him pull her down in his lap.

"Nah. I don't think so." He stirred the Italian dressing in on his salad, shaking his head.

"Try me." She urged, and he looked at her, before looking back at his computer.

"Money keep coming up missing. It's fucking aggravating because all my technology is up to date, it'll take a literally Einstein to get past my shit. Yet, somebody did it. I can't do no traces or nothin'. It's over 700 million in total that's been stolen." He explained, talking aggressively with his hands.

"Can you see what account they're transferring it to?" She asked, looking at his computer screen.

"Yeah. But it's a dead end. It doesn't go anywhere. As if it's just sitting in an account for nothin'." He told her, and she hummed in response.

"Put a bug on it." She said, and he frowned in confusion.

"A bug, a tracker. Well, in the technical world, a cookie. Put it on a set amount, maybe two hundred thousand? And send it to the account. They'll be caught off guard, and probably click it to see what it is. As soon as they click it, you can track to see who's behind it, maybe even a location too." She told him, and his face flattened out.

"Where you learn that from? That's smart as hell." He said, and she chuckled.

"My sister is a tech freak." She shrugged, telling the truth.

"Hm. I might have to let her work for me a' sum'." He chuckled, and she did as well, unlocking her phone.

"Baby." He called out, and she hummed in response, her attention on Instagram as he ate her salad.

"You heard from Spider lately?" He asked, and she remained calm, not wanting to give off any bad vibes.

"Umm, I texted him the other day, trying to see if he was coming to the center. I didn't get a response though." She shrugged, still typing on her phone.

"If you see or hear from him, you'll let me know?" He said, and she turned her head.

"Yes. Is something wrong? Is he the reason you been acting a lil off lately?" She asked, hoping he'd tell her what he knew.

"It's nothing you have to worry about." He told her, and she tilted his head to look at him.

"Baby, what's going on?" She softened her tone, and he sighed under his breath, placing his plate down.

"Ghost. Do you remember hearing me talk about him?" He asked, and she nodded.

"Alayna found some traces, and it led back to him. But not to Pierre, his alias, I guess? Kason. Spider is Ghost." He told her, and she frowned, believably pretending to be surprised.

"Wha-no? No. Saint, Pierre doesn't do things like that. Like the drug business, or whatever. He doesn't do that." She said, and he shook his head.

"I said the same thing. But it's obvious leads pointing to him. His cell signal being in the same place as Ghost's, near ports. Pictures of him meeting with some of my connects. It's like he wanted me to find out it's him." He frustratedly rubbed his temples.