25

Six Months Later.

"I'm finna hit you baldheaded ass girl." Faye frowned at Imani, who laughed.

"Mama I don't want that." She pushed the homemade milkshake away, laughing.

"You don't have a choice girl. Drink this damn drank." She grabbed Imani's face, a smile on hers as she watched Imani laugh.

"Ok. Give me a straw please." She took the drink from her, chuckling.

"Ima tell Saint yo ass don't listen. No more shopping for you." Faye walked to get her a straw, and Imani laughed again.

"He already knows. Ain't nobody scared of him." She waved her off, placing the straw in the milkshake, taking a sip from it.

"See. Did all that for nothing." Faye sat next to her on the couch, shaking her head.

"Cause these make my stomach hurt. I don't think my babies like it." She rubbed her large nine month belly, so big that she couldn't even see her feet.

"That's supposed to happen. It's nutrients. Makes you shit." Faye shrugged, rubbing Imani's stomach as well, making her laugh.

They could hear Saint and Bryce walking in from the backyard, loud and laughing, making both of them shake their heads.

"Wassup fat mama." He leaned down, kissing her face, and then her belly, making her smile.

"You stink." She told him, and he smacked his lips as Faye and Bryce laughed.

"Shut up. Tryna sco'. Fat ass girl. Extra big funky ass." Saint frowned at her, and her jaw dropped, making them all laugh again.

"Okay. You tryna show out. Ima remember that." She folded her arms, and Faye laughed, wrapping her arms around her.

"Nah mama cause you were laughing too." Imani pouted, rolling her eyes at a smiling Saint.

He loved the way his parents loved Imani. Despite what had happened, there was no love lost, and their bond had grown tremendously during the last six months.

"Faye get yo ass off her so they can go." Bryce chuckled, pulling her from Imani, who smiled.

Saint hooked his arms under hers, helping her to her feet, and she grabbed her stomach once she stood up.

"I'm so tired of this." She pouted, holding Saint's arm, having a contraction.

"Poor girl. Them twins don't wanna leave you alone." Faye clicked her teeth, shaking her head.

Tears brimmed in Imani's eyes, wrapping her arms around Saint, who smiled, hugging her back.

Imani's twins were supposed to be due three weeks ago, but yet, here she was, still big and pregnant. She was doing everything she could to speed her labor up but nothing was working.

"Ima take her home. We love y'all." Saint and Imani said goodbyes to his parents, before leaving their house.

"Baby stop crying." He kissed her cheek after helping her in his truck, and she wiped her face.

"It hurts so bad. I'm tired of this." She mumbled, leaning her head back on the seat as he pulled out of his parents driveway.

"Lemme see." He outreached his hand, and she lifted her shirt, letting him rub around her stomach.

Within a few seconds, her babies began to kick, and she sighed in relief, her eyes closing. Fortunately for her, whenever the twins kicks, they relieved her heavy cramps. She didn't know how, but it worked.

They always kicked whenever Saint rubbed her stomach. She didn't understand how they knew when it was him, but they always did.

"Damn. They active as a mufucka today." He chuckled, his hand rubbing different parts of her stomach, and their kicks followed.