13

Two weeks later.

"Stay please." Imani mumbled, half asleep as she rubbed Saint's shoulders.

"I won't be gone long. Three hours at the most." He told her, and she frowned up at him.

"Okay. Bye Saint." She removed him from above her, raising up from the bed.

"This a attitude?" He asked, amused as he sat at the edge of his bed.

She ignored him, walking in his closet to find her an outfit for the day, figuring she might as well get out the house as well.

"You gone make me repeat myself?" He spoke, and she rolled her eyes, still ignoring him.

"This a fucking attitude or not?" He gritted after roughly grabbing her up from behind, his large hand wrapped around her throat.

"No." She mumbled, a small frown on her face.

"Yes it is. Tell me why fat mama." He released the grip on her neck, turning her around and wrapping his arms around her.

"You've been gone everyday this week Saint. For at least six hours everyday. I don't like when you leave me by myself. I want you to stay with me." She looked down at her hands, shy under his gaze.

"Imani I-baby are you crying?" He frowned, pulling her into a hug, and she wrapped her arms around his torso, burying her face in his chest.

"Saint are y-you're not cheating on me are you?" She asked softly, and his head jerked back.

"What? No. Imani I ain't doing shit besides working I swear on my life. On everything I love I don't even look at nobody besides you. Why are you just now speaking up about this?" He held her face to look at him, and she wiped the few tears that fell, shrugging.

"Since we've been together you've never been gone this much. I asked you a few days to stay with me and you ignored me Saint. I just t-I don't know. Sorry, that was a dumb question." She sniffed, attempting to pull from his grip, and he held her tighter.

"Look at me Imani." He assertively stated, and she looked up, meeting his eyes.

"It wasn't dumb. Imani I am not cheating on you, nor am I thinking about it. I swear on my daughter grave I don't want nobody besides you and I never will. You for me. I'm trying to leave this shit alone for good, but it's a lot of stuff I have to get done before I do."

"I didn't realize how much I been gone. I'm sorry fat ma, I didn't know. We talk about stuff like that, don't keep your feelings from me. You understand?" He wiped her face, and she nodded, clearing her throat.

"I'm sorry Saint. I shouldn't have accused you of that but I didn't know that you were serious about leaving. I'm sorry." She wiped her face with the back of her hand, looking down at the floor again.

Saint tilted her head up, leaving a small sweet kiss on her bottom lip, making her pout from how soft and sensual it was.

"I don't want nobody besides you. You my baby. I'm sorry I made you feel that way. I'll stay home." He told her, and she shook her head.

"No, it's fine, you can go. I'm dramatic and spoiled. I'll be fine." She mumbled, holding on to his arms as he left kisses on her jaw.

"Nah. I'm staying. You wanna go out to eat?" He asked, and she smiled, looking up at him.

"I'm serious Mekhi. You can go. Just promise to be home by dinner?" She rubbed his face, and he looked at her for a few seconds, before responding.

"I don't wanna leave you now. You got my feelings hurt and shit cause I made you cry." He chuckled, picking her frame up, and she laid her head on his shoulder.