Who's Eyes Are You Looking Through?

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well."  (Psalm 149:15)

***

Ugly... not good enough... worthless... forgotten... not loved... not wanted. 

Have you ever thought of yourself as any of those things?

Lots of girls have and still do look at themselves that way. In fact, most girls in today's day are insecure.

And why is that? It's because of who's eyes their looking through. Who's lens their looking through.

As humans, and as girls, we tend to look at ourselves through the worlds eyes. For instance, someone says that you're "overweight", that makes you think you're fat. You automatically take their word for it. If they criticize your eyes or your freckles, then that will make you think you're ugly.

Than we look at ourselves in the mirror and we start to believe all the negative things about our hair, eyes, face, lips, weight, height, and just about everything else that someone could possibly criticize.

But if that's the way you look at yourself , then I need to tell you that you are seeing yourself through the wrong eyes. You're filming the story of your life with the wrong camera lens.

Instead of looking at yourself through the world's eyes, or the eyes of your classmate, or the girl who you THOUGHT was your best friend, or that one person who always picks on you, try looking at yourself through God's eyes. Just try it. I'm sure you will see yourself as a much more beautiful person.

Pretend you're filming the story of your life. If your camera lens says that you're an ugly person who will never be good enough, than you have the wrong lens. Try using God's lens. Once you do that, you will see how truly amazing you are. And the story of your life will turn out to be so much better. 

Think about it like this: God made you exactly how you are on purpose. And God can never make a mistake. He didn't make you this way so that you could be miserable and criticized by every human being in the world. He made you this way because he thinks that you are absolutely beautiful this way.

And you should believe it. Because, as the song above says, "misconceptions and false reflections will never be the truth". (The song above is "Through My Father's Eyes" by Holly Starr.)

Why believe the lies of this world when you can believe the one who created you? The one who truly loves you more than anyone could ever love you. You are different from everyone else and that is an amazing thing. You are beautiful. And you are 1 in a million.

So come with me as I take you on a journey to see yourself and your life through God's lens. 

Xx Lianna Grace xX