Unsure, Insecure

I think we all have our insecurities. A lot of us girls think that we're not pretty enough or "we could look better". Maybe it's your face, your hair, your body, or your height that you're insecure about.

But then there are some of us don't think those things about ourselves. And that's an amazing thing, if your not insecure. But insecurities aren't always about our outward appearance. And I've realized that lately.

I never really felt too insecure about my appearance. I mean, a little bit here and there but overall, not too much. But girls are often insecure about things like their voice, laugh, personality, weather they're an introvert or extrovert, who they are as a person.

So there are all sorts of insecurities that girls have and not all of them have to do with outward appearance.

You know what happens when you take the "in" away from insecure? You get secure. The opposite of being insecure is being secure and stable; knowing who are and who you were meant to be. And believing it.

I have come to the conclusion that you are the only one who can change your mind. The only one who can make you believe that you're beautiful. Sure, sometimes there may that person who helps you along and gives you encouragement, but you're the one who has to choose to believe them.

It all starts with comparison and belief. You have to stop comparing yourself so that you can believe you are beautiful. Believe that you are more than your reflection and more than your mistakes Believe that who you are is amazing. Because you aren't those girls at your school who are "so much prettier than you", you aren't your sister who is "so much more loved than you", you aren't  your best friend who is "so much less shy than you are".  And you will never be them.

You are you and you can't change that. And so that's why you need to believe.

You may think that you will never be good enough. But why do want to good enough for those around you? They're human too. They mess up too. And they've got insecurities of their own. You should be wanting to be good enough for God. And we won't be "good enough" for Him. But that's why he gives us Grace and Mercy. And it's new every morning.

You may think you're not pretty enough. But most of the time, when you have an insecurity about your outward appearance and you're scared about what others are going to think, they're probably not even thinking that. And you're just getting yourself worked up and anxious for no reason.

You may be moping around most of the time because of your insecurities and because you're scared of what everybody around you is thinking. But there is this amazing quote that I found that I really love, that says...

"To the world, you may be one person. But to one person, you may the world."

Just think about that. There may just be that one person who wishes they were you, or looks up to you.

To that one person...you may just be the world.

Insecure is a label we put on ourselves. But we don't have to have that label anymore. We don't have to be defined by our past, or our mistakes, or by what we think others will say.

Don't label yourself that way anymore. Label yourself with beautiful, strong, fighter, and secure.

Only you can change your mind.