Chapter 06

"I've come, my beloved children~"

Rebekah ran immediately to the twins and embraced them tightly, though carefully not squeezing them too hard.

"Momma, we're glad you came back!"

The blonde silver-ish hair-colored duo smiled at her brightly and gave her a return hug. A black cat swiftly ran next to its master's feet and rubbed its head against his right leg as it purred for his attention.

"Alan..."

Alastair slowly picked up Alan into his slim and short arms. He stroked his fur softly as he watched his relatives' reunion.

Edwin slipped out of Rebekah's embrace and ran towards Alastair as he looked at Alan with curious eyes. Rebekah knew her second son slipped from her, and let go of Linda, holding her small hand into hers.

"Alastair, dear. I'm sorry I took him away for you as I thought staying with me is better for your health..."

Rebekah slowly walked toward her small nephew and stroked his hair gently. She can't help but look back at the creature in his arms. She still needs to take Alan away from her nephew in any way possible in the future.

Alastair looked at his aunt with pained eyes, but that was for a second. He nodded softly towards her in an understanding of his aunt's personality underneath her playful but cold beautiful appearance.

Rebekah's lips pursed upward seeing her youngest nephew's quiet behavior. She couldn't understand her older brother neglecting such a well-mannered and weak child.

If 'she' were to know how he is treating their youngest child, 'she' would be sure to be furious at her husband's absurd behavior.

"Aunt Rebekah, I have a request..."

Rebekah looked at Alastair in surprise. She nodded her head in approval as she bent down to meet his eye level.

Edwin slowly walks toward Rebekah's other side. Linda and Edwin wondered what request he would ask for. They will accept anything he wants as they know how pitiful their cousin is.

"I would like to live with you, if possible, next year."

Alastair seriously thought it through as he realized he wasn't by their side when the bizarre events were happening in the Bernstein household while he was in the castle doing and preparing for other events.

He doesn't want his cousins' innocent personalities to suddenly twist in an unknown way, though he knows their older selves' appearances are cold and sinister in the public's eyes he knows they aren't truly like what they are known as.

'She' will be brought to their family registry line. In addition to their mother's unknown condition. Aunt Rebekah was brought into a deep slumber just a few days before the twins were introduced into the social world.

Panicking inwardly, they lost themselves which brought a bad first impression on the greedy and vulgar nobles.

He has to put this to a stop. Even if he fails, he needs to at least help them and lower the damages so they can at least not be brutally removed from this world.

Unknowingly as he was in deep thought, the trio gave out surprised and unexpected looks at his requests. Returning to her normal poker face, she smiled gently once again at her nephew's adorable request. She can take advantage of taking care of him he is under her wings.

'Just when I was thinking how to deal with that awful spirit in that cat...'

Edwin and Linda were still shocked at his new side that wasn't brought up to them first. Edwin felt disappointed in not being able to know his wants while Linda snapped from her shocked state and smiled happily as her eyes unknowingly shined in a cold glint.