Chapter 12

My apologies everyone!

This chapter is now a finished chapter so you can continue where you left off!

•-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~•

Silence consumed them as they walked back toward their respective rooms. Ian bowed towards them and then shut their door, walking to whatever seemed to be he was going.

"Hah..."

Edwin squeezed the top of his nose in frustration. Linda stared at him then bowed her head back to the book in her hands.

"...It's so strange..."

He muttered as he scooted himself next to his sister. Knowing what he meant, she hummed in response and then spoke.

"I mean now that I think about it, the children we met after coming to this world are the strange ones. It's normal for her to cry her emotions out."

"Still..."

Linda deadpan stares at him and raises one of her eyebrows in question.

"Are you saying that she wasn't supposed to cry out after what seems like she won't see her parents again?"

Edwin stared into his sister's eyes and stuttered not knowing how to respond. She was right. Although they have a 4-year-old appearance, they are already adults.

"Wait, no that I think about it... It's been more than half a year since we came to this world..."

Looking at her brother now changing the subject, she laughed pathetically at him and then back to her book not caring what he would say next.

"Ugh..."

Knowing his sister's lack of response in his next words made him grumble and discouraged and didn't have the chance to speak out his thoughts about it.

He scratched the back of his head and got up from the carpet.

"...Fine... Then I will go explore the mansion!"

Linda glanced at him once, showing him an annoyed expression. Edwin chuckled nervously and ran towards the door.

He excitedly opened the door and shut it. He truly enjoyed exploring their now magnificent mansion that they are living in now. Plus, there was a place he wanted to check out but didn't get the chance to.

It was a pity as he recalled them losing the cage that the mimic was within. They went looking for it but found nothing even after asking around for it.

"...It's a pity."

He heaved a sigh of frustration and walked into the spacious halls. He sped his pace, ignoring the different glances from the servants and maids he was gaining as he whistled happily.

"Found it!"

Edwin raises his head to see a wide door right before his eyes. He thought of taking Ian with him but decided against it. Although he isn't sure what lies ahead like how they found that secret passage, he wants to explore freely.