Chapter 8

Later that day Chris and I were sitting verifying hotels and everything for the press tour when Chris brought in a bottle of whiskey and I smiled.

"I'm working." I said and he took my phone from me.

"We are having a drink and talking." Chris said and I groaned.

"About?" I asked as Chris poured the drinks.

"What I said when you left yesterday..." Chris trailed off and I sighed.

"Listen, it's all forgotten." I said and she shook his head handed me a glass.

"No, Ariana, it's not. You were hurt and that was never my intention of saying it and you know that." Chris said and I sighed.

"I know but why did you have to say it?" I asked and he groaned.

"Because I'm an idiot man and don't think." Chris said and I laughed.

"That's obvious." I said and he nudged me.

"No really. I really am sorry, I told you on that trip you are more than my assistant. You were my friend first and foremost and took this job out of the kindness of your heart. I don't want the job to overshadow us." Chris said and I smiled with a nod.

"Exactly and if that happens I swear to god Chris I will not lose you as a friend and I will quit." I said and he nodded.

"I would want you to actually. But don't just quit, talk to me if you ever feel that way." Chris said and I nodded.

"I will trust me." I said and Chris nodded as we finished our drinks and he filled up our glasses more.

"Trying to get me drunk Mr. Evans?" I asked and he laughed.

"Nope, just enjoying time with my best friend." Chris said and we relaxed back on the couch started talking about memories from childhood.

*******************************************************

Sometime later we were sitting on the couch still, laughing hysterically and obviously drunk.

"Remember after what was it....homecoming....when we went to my parents house and jumped in the pool in our formal clothes?" I asked and started laughing and Chris laughed

"Your white dress turned yellow from the chlorine." Chris said and I started laughed.

"My parents were so pissed. The money they spent on that dress..." I said and Chris laughed.

"How long were you grounded?" Chris asked.

"Um....a month....I think." I said and Chris laughed. We calmed down and I grabbed the bottle of whiskey and noticed it was almost empty.

"We drank this whole thing." I said and Chris laughed.

"In our defense it wasn't full when I brought it in." Chris said and I laughed.

"I can't even remember the last time I was drunk." I said and Chris looked at me oddly.

"You can't?" Chris said and I shook my head.

"It's been awhile. Justin usually only lets me have one glass of wine when we have wine with dinner." I said and Chris groaned.

"Justin...." Chris growled his name.

"Hey, don't do that." I said and Chris sighed.

"Why be with him?" Chris asked.

"He is a nice guy to me. He treats me good. He just doesn't like you." I said and giggled.

"Why? I make him jealous or something?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"I think so. He asked me the other day if we had ever done anything or been together." I said and Chris laughed.