Chapter 13

Chris and I had just had the meeting with Megan and were staying married.

"So, we should really work out living arrangements. Do I keep my place or just move everything in here?" I asked and Chris sighed.

"Well you should get all your clothes and stuff at least. Maybe anything personal you want from your apartment." Chris said and I nodded.

"Okay and Chris...you are expecting us to share a bed are you?" I asked and he sighed.

"Ari, you are basically doing this for me. I want whatever makes you feel comfortable." Chris said and I gave a small smile.

"I want to stay in my own room Chris, I don't think we need to jump anything too fast." I said and he nodded.

"You want to come with me to my place and help me? I mean we could use the jeep." I said and Chris nodded. We went ahead and left then and went straight to my apartment building and Chris huffed a laugh as we walked in.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"I just think when you took the assistant job I wanted you to move in to get out of this apartment." Chris said.

"Well you get your wish. I knew it! You made me marry you so I would move in!" I said in a sarcastic tone and we both started laughing as Chris held his hands in the air as surrender.

"You caught me." Chris said as we laughed. We started getting things together and Chris got a text.

"It's from Scott." Chris said and I sighed.

"And?" I questioned.

"His words, not mine: Mom is wanting to see her son and daughter-in-law." Chris read and I groaned.

"Oh she is not going to be happy." I said and Chris groaned.

"And you know this because..." Chris asked.

"Because she is having Scott text you and not calling herself." I said and Chris groaned but gave a small smile.

"Well lets get all of this to my house, shower and then head to my mom's. She has Dodger anyways." Chris said and I nodded.

"We are telling her the truth right, we got drunk and it's Megan's idea?" I asked and Chris nodded.

"Yeah no need to lie." Chris said and I nodded.

"I actually want to make a stop on our way home." Chris said and I looked at him.

"Where?" I asked and he walked over to me and grabbed my hand.

"I am not letting you wear this fake thing for 6 months. I want to get you a real ring." Chris said and I smiled.

"You don't have to." I said and he shook his head.

"Ari, you don't deserve this. Please...let me get you a ring." Chris said and I smiled shaking my head.

"Fine." I said and we finished packing me up and left. On the way home we stopped and a jewelry store.

"Whatever ring you want." Chris whispered in my ear as we walked in. The sales clerks seemed to noticed us and I wasn't sure how this was going to go. Chris took my hand and we walked up to the first sales associate we saw.

"How can I help you?" She asked and I could tell she was trying to keep her composure.

"I'm Chris, this is Ari and we got married in Vegas on a whim last night. She deserves whatever she wants. I want to get her a new wedding set and a new band for me as well." Chris said and she smiled.

"Follow me." She said and we walked over to a case and I smiled seeing all of the rings.

"Chris..." I whispered and he shook his head and kissed my cheek. I turned to look at him and he leaned in and kissed me, I smiled once we broke apart. I started looking the case and I saw one I instantly fell in love with.

"I can I see that one?" I asked and the lady pulled out the oval diamond solitaire ring that came with a wrap of round diamonds that the solitaire fit into. She went to hand it to me but Chris took it from her and removed my fake diamond and placed the new one on me.

"Will you marry me?" He whispered and I giggle.

"Of course." I said and he leaned in kissing me again.

"This the one?" Chris asked and I looked down at it smiling.

"Yep." I said and Chris smiled as the lady took the price tag off of it.

"Your turn." I said as Chris and I went and looked at the wedding bands.

"What do you want? Gold, white gold, grey..." I said and he smiled. Chris pointed at a ring that was a stainless steel center and black edges.

"I like it." I said and she smiled. The lady handed it to me and I took off his fake one and put the new one on.

"I'm not asking you to marry me." I said and Chris laughed.

"It's perfect." Chris said and I smiled.

"We will take these 2 rings." Chris said and handed the associate his credit card as she walked away. Not thinking I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist.

"Putting on a show?" Chris asked and I sighed.

"I was trying to hug you and thank you." I said and went to pull away but he kept me held to him.

"Ari, I really want to try this with you. I don't want to just last the 6 months and go our separate ways. I think Megan was right. We should really try." Chris said and I sighed.

"Chris, I need you to be honest. How long have you had feelings for me?" I asked and he groaned and leaned his forehead against mine.

"I cant pinpoint when honestly. I think it's been over the past couple years just growing slowly. When we made out on the couch last month it damn near killed me." Chris said.

"Do you not have feelings for me?" Chris asked and I sighed.

"I think somewhere inside of me there are feelings, deep down because I kept pushing them down and away. I will try Chris, I promise you I will." I said and he smiled.

"That's all I can asked for." Chris said and leaned in and kissed me. Once we broke apart the sales associate returning with the credit card.

"Thank you." Chris said and signed the receipt. We left right after and headed to his moms.

"Now I know we have been kissing and all of that but what about at your moms. We tell her Megan's idea but we are going along with it to see what happens?" I asked and Chris nodded.

"Yeah sounds good." Chris said as we headed to his moms.

"I have never been so nervous to go to yours moms house." I said and Chris nodded with a chuckle.

"Me either. I mean I tell my mom almost everything and this was one thing she had to find out from the news." Chris said and I nodded. We went back to his place and dropped everything off and then got ready to go to his moms. I wore a pair of black jeans and a grey t-shirt, Chris wore some jeans and a blue shirt. We just wanted to as comfortable as possible unsure of what was waiting for us as his moms. As we got to his mom's he opened my car door for me and then held my hand as we walked into his mom's house. As we walking to a house we heard a song start playing on the loudspeakers.

🎵We'll find a little wedding chapel
A pair of rings and a preacher too
Underneath the neon steeple
We'll take a gamble and say "I do"
Hey baby, let's go to Vegas
Kiss the single life good-bye
Hey baby, let's go to Vegas
Bet on love and let it ride
Viva Las Vegas, sparklin' lights
Dangerous livin', tumblin' dice
You're my ace in the hole now honey
And I'm your lady luck
Pack a few things and a little money
And put 'em in the truck
Hey baby, let's go to Vegas
Kiss the single life good-bye
Hey baby, let's go to Vegas
Bet on love and let it ride🎵

Scott met us at the door and was laughing so I knew this was him. I looked at Chris and he nodded. I walked up to Smacked him upside the head.

"Don't be an ass." Chris said.

"You ready for this?" Chris asked and I took a deep breath.

"Let's do this." I said and Chris took my hand again.