Chapter 17

It had been 2 and a half months since Vegas and being married to Chris was amazing. This marriage seemed perfect, until now. I paced in the living room waiting, I heard a knock on the front door and Dodger started barking.

"Bubba, calm down." I said opening the door and seeing Lisa and I smiled. She walked in and hugged me.

"Chris here?" She asked and I shook my head.

"No, he is out to lunch with Scott. He asked if I wanted to go but I needed him out of the house which is why I conned Scott to take Chris out." I said and Lisa laughed.

"Smart girl." She said as I fidgeted with my wedding set, Lisa grabbed my hands.

"Why are you nervous?" Lisa asked and I groaned.

"I just am." I said and she shook her head with a smile.

"Just go and do what you need to do, then depending on what happens we deal with it then." Lisa said and I rubbed Dodger's head as I walked past him. I walked into the bathroom connected to the master bedroom I had moved into after New York and Lisa followed sitting on the edge of the bed. I walked into the bathroom and pulled the pregnancy test I had recently bought out of the box and took it. Once I was done I finished up and left the bathroom with it in my hand, I set it on the nightstand.

"We have to wait a couple minutes." I said and Lisa nodded.

"I've taken a few of them in my day, I know." Lisa said and we both laughed. I started pacing again.

"Do you think Chris will be happy?" I asked and Lisa smiled.

"Of course he will. Ari, I have seen a change in him since you two go married. Was your marriage ideal, no...of course not. But you and Chris love each other, you know that and if this happens then you and Chris will take it as it comes." Lisa said and I sighed. I heard my timer on my cellphone off I had set and I sighed.

"You ready?" Lisa asked and I just stared at the test on the nightstand from across the room.

"You want me to read it?" Lisa asked and I shook my head and went over and grabbed it. I closed my eyes as I did and picked up the test. I saw the word displayed on the screen and I smiled. I showed Lisa and she hugged me.

"Oh sweetie! I am so happy for you guys." Lisa said as I started crying in her embrace. Once we broke apart I knelt down to Dodger where he laid on the bed.

"You ready to be a big brother?" I asked and he barked wagging his tail and licking my face. I laughed.

"Good boy." I said and petted his head.

"Well I think it's time we get dad home to tell him." I said and Lisa smiled as I pulled out my cellphone.

>Thank you for being an awesome brother and taking my husband out. Bring him home soon.< I sent off to Scott.

>No problem sis.< Scott sent back and I smiled. Scott constantly called me sis.

"They should be here soon." I said and Lisa smiled.

"You know how you are going to tell him?" Lisa asked and I nodded.

"I have an idea." I said and smiled at her.

*******************************************************************************

After about an hour Lisa had left and Scott text me when they were leaving the restaurant. I smiled and got everything ready. When Chris walked in the house I stayed out of sight.

"Honey, I'm home!" Chris said with a laugh and I shook my head at his cheesiness. I stayed hidden even holding Dodger back from running to him.

"Ari?! Dodger?!" Chris called out slightly worried and I let Dodger go and run to Chris.