Chapter 26

It was Thanksgiving and we were on our way to Lisa's house for the family dinner.

"I can't believe we are so late." I said and Chris laughed.

"Who's fault is that?" Chris asked and I looked at him shocked.

"Hey! I was just getting dressed." I said and he laughed.

"Right but who insisted on round 2." Chris said and we laughed as we pulled in the driveway to his moms. We got out of the car and walked into his moms.

"There you are! She wouldn't let us eat until you 2 got here." Scott said seeing us walk in and we took off our shoes.

"Sorry." I said and hugged Scott and the girls. I walked into the kitchen and handed the pie I made to Lisa and then we hugged. Once I released Lisa, Scott came up to me and whispered in my ear.

"You two couldn't hold off could you?" Scott asked and I looked at him confused.

"I surely don't know what you mean." I said smiling at him.

"Okay since Chris and Ari have showed up, time to eat." Lisa announced and everyone headed to the living. Once we all sat down Chris grabbed my hand that was sitting on the table. He leaned over to my ear.

"Happy Thanksgiving love." Chris said and I smiled and turned to look at him.

"Happy Thanksgiving." I said and he kissed me.

"Hey! Knock it off! Some of us are trying to eat." Scott said across the table from us and we laughed.

"Hush." I said and he laughed harder.

"So, let me ask you two. Are you keeping this up?" Lisa asked and we looked at each other again.

"We have a few more months to make our decision. We know things can happen that may change our mind so we aren't saying for sure yet." Chris said and I nodded.

"But let me ask, if something were to happen and you don't stay married can you two really go back to be just friends? I mean we can all see things have gotten serious." Carly said and I looked at Chris and he looked at me. I knew I hadn't thought about this and neither had Chris.

"Oh um...we haven't really discussed where we will be if we decide to not stay together." Chris said and I looked down at my plate. I felt tears stinging my eyes and I took a deep breath trying to fight them off.

"Excuse me." I said getting up from the table and walking out of the room. I walked to the front door and put on my shoes and then headed outside. I stood on the front porch and just taking a few deep breaths.

"Hey..." I heard someone say behind me and I turned to see Scott standing there with my jacket.

"Oh hey. I'll be in, in a minute." I said and Scott nodded as he put my jacket over my shoulders.

"You left the table kind of fast." Scott said and I sighed.

"And I also noticed Chris didn't come to check on me." I said and Scott huffed a laugh.

"I told him to let me figuring you needed a friend and not a husband." Scott said. We sat down on the porch steps and I put my head on his shoulder.

"We never thought about if this wouldn't work out where we would be. We went into this marriage saying our friendship would never be ruined but lets face it and be adults here for a minute. I have kissed and had sex with you brother, after doing everything we have done for all these months can we really be friends and I work for him after all of this?" I explained. I heard Scott sigh.

"It all how you both approach it. You love him though right?" Scott asked and I nodded.

"I really do." I said.

"I know he really loves you. You both have nothing to worry about. I know he wants to stay married to you, he wants nothing but you in his life, as his wife, making him a dad eventually." Scott said and I smiled.

"I had a dream the other night. Chris and I were married, living here in Boston obviously, we had a boy and then I had just given birth to twin girls. Can you imagine?" I asked with a huffed laugh.

"I think that sounds perfect." We heard a voice say from the doorway and we looked at see Chris standing there. Scott stood up and kissed my cheek.

"See you back inside." Scott said and went inside as Chris took his spot beside me. I linked my arm in his and took a hold of his hand and then placed my head on his shoulder.

"We probably should talk later huh?" Chris asked and I groaned.

"No." I said and Chris looked down at me oddly.

"Why talk Chris? We know what we want." I said and he sighed.

"Do we?" Chris asked and I lifted my head up from his shoulder.

"I know what I want and I hope it's what you want." I said and Chris smiled.

"It's all I ever wanted." Chris said and I smiled up at him.

"I can't believe we never talked about this." I said and Chris laughed.

"I know, we really suck at this marriage talking thing." Chris said and I nodded.

"We should really work on that if we are going to make this work." I said.

"So January is when we have to make the final decision of us right?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Why not now?" Chris asked and I groaned.

"We said why, when we actually did discuss this." I said and Chris hung his head.

"If it's not going to change from now until January why not just tell everyone now that we are staying together and going to be together forever?" Chris asked and I groaned.

"Chris even though it's only 2 months away things can change. You have changed for the better, I will admit that but I want to make sure this is a change you want to keep. I don't want you to change just for me." I said and he groaned.

"I get it, I see what you mean I just want to know you are mine forever and there is no uncertainty." Chris said and I nodded. I lifted my head from his shoulder and placed a hand under his chin to make him look at me.

"There is no uncertainty Chris. Come January if you ask me to marry you again, which you should actually propose, my answer will always be yes. I just want you to really make sure it's what you want." I said and Chris nodded. He leaned in and gave me a passionate kiss.

"I love you." I said once we broke apart.

"I love you, now lets go inside and get warm and eat. I'm starving." Chris said and I laughed. He stood up and extended his hand to help me up. Once he pulled me up he pulled me close to him and wrapped his arms around my waist and mine went around his neck and he hugged me.

"Thank you." Chris said and I pulled my head back to look at him.

"For what?" I asked.

"For all of this, together. I wouldn't be where I am without you." Chris said and I smiled.

"You just needed a firm hand." I said and he smirked at me and then smacked my ass and I yelped.

"And you need one for your smart mouth." Chris said and I smiled. He gave me another kiss and then we headed back inside.