3

me and nights played chopsticks for the longest time but eventually we stopped. I didn't know what to do for the rest of the day but nights had this one covered.

"why don't I read you my favorite story? it's one of my hobbies...reading I mean. if thats too boring we could always do something else though." he suggested softly. 

"no thats a great idea! I love reading to and it seems like a nice way to pass the time." I said trying to give nightmare more confidence in his suggestion. 

"really? I thought no one liked reading everyone else in the village thinks its boring and so does dream." nights said sadly. 

"well I like it! it was actually one of my favorite hobbies in my um 'past life' it was pretty much the only thing I ever did that wasn't school work I wasn't much for running around and playing games." I said thinking of the time before. 

nights eye lights literally turned to stars and immediately got out a book from behind the golden banner with a sun surrounding the tree of feelings. he took out a huge chapter book it had the title of a fairy tail but looked like it held every fairy tail to ever exist in its pages. 

"once upon a time-" nightmare began. his voice was soft and clam he read the story like none before drawing me in even though I didn't find the book in and of itself very interesting. though I couldn't blame nightmare this was technically an old village of the past it wasn't very modern to say the lest with the people having to drink from a well to them not having an ounce of electricity. all I could think as I tried my best to show nights I was paying attention and listening was one day I was going to show him the best books there ever was and show him what a real story was like.

nights spent the whole day happily reading his story and chiming in here and there to express his confusion or in some cases happiness with how the story was going. I paid attention if only to prove I did like books and thought of them as interesting I didn't want him to think I was lying and I would absolutely not tell him his favorite book wasn't very good for me. a person who had the privilege of the Internet. for this time period this was a literary masterpiece I was just really picky. 

eventually dream came running back giving a greeting and quickly falling asleep. this shows just how much time they spend together. it was quite sad that they only ever said good morning and then good night but I guess this has been going on long enough for nights not to be very bothered by it choosing to instead smile happily like today was the best day of his life. 

I decided to allow nights to sleep tonight he tried to say he wasn't to bothered by it at first but one glare from me was enough to shut him up and make him go to sleep. 

I spent the rest of the night trying to figure out if I could use magic so far the only thing I learned was how to sense emotions. it felt like I could do more be more but something was blocking me from even being able to try. it was frustrating to say the least. when morning came nights woke up dream had already left to where I am assuming his 'friends' are. nights decided he wanted to read me another book I was completely and utterly fine with it since the book he wanted to read this time seemed very interesting. 

all was going good when all of a sudden a group of monsters came and started bullying nights. it caused me to growl furiously but that was all I could do since the only one that could hear me was nights himself. 

"look at the bastard making up imaginary friends and reading to them are we?" one said menacingly. mocking nights and causing him to start to tear up. it seemed like he knew what was going to happen next. it made me so MAD.....

"yeah! he probably finally realized no one would ever actually like him enough to be friends with him! I mean who would be friends with the cause of all their suffering?" another said with hostility.