7

sanses eye was long gone by now nothing I could do could heal the damage and I was angrier than I thought possible. but still I needed to know what this undyne was thinking. I needed to know if it was insanity or if she needs to die. 

"his magic is the key to fixing the core! everyone wouldn't have had to starve had he not been so selfish! we need his magic alphys knows a way to fix it and with his magic everything will go back to normal! we just need his stupid goddamned magic!" undyne screeched. huh....she clearly isn't in her right mind and is defiantly not fit to rule. I looked at my subordinates and predictably they were pissed. 

"boys tie her up. and you call a meeting of everyone in the underground.....tell them their new king knows a way to bring food back on their tables." I commanded. a guard who was about to protect their insane queen stopped in his tracks he looked hesitant but then nodded and ran off. food really has a way of swaying people here huh?

"did you mean that boss? you're going to be there new king?" dust asked. killer looked just as curious after knocking out undyne of course. 

"hm? yes seeing as that is exactly what I had just told that guard. do you take me as someone who doesn't hold true to there word?" I asked. 

"well...I thought you just wanted to help the sans of this au so I-" dust began but was cut off by killer. 

"the boss isn't that selfish dusty! and besides he probably planned to rule this place the second he chose to come here." killer said in a matter of fact tone while playing with his knife. all at once dust expression seemed to show how everything killer said made sense and his admiration for me grew once again. ugh. 

"stop making assumptions now come we have an entire underground to feed and bring that woman. she needs to be there knocked out or not for others to believe we defeated 'the strongest monster in the underground'." I said the last part with air quotes making my subordinates laugh. hmph. 

we walked through the corridors until we made it to the meeting area. all the monsters that could be there were and the ones that couldn't were watching from home it seems even though mettaton is in there old body that looks like a calculator on weals broken and beaten he still loves to be in the spotlight and his reputation as the only celebrity in the underground precedes him seeing as the ratings has gone way up if what he's saying is true. 

"greetings monsters of the underground I thank you all for coming I have an important announcement to make. your queen has been defeated." a series of gasps and shocked faces spread through the hall. 

"I plan on taking her place as the new king. as a celebration everyone will be granted free food for one week before you all can earn enough food for yourselves and your families." I announced. 

there were a series of murmurs and disbelief in the hall once more. 

"silence! if you need proof your queen has been defeated then I shall provide. dust if you would." I gestured to dust to bring her out. once he did gasps followed. I smirked. it's time to change the truth a....tiny bit. 

"your queen refused my kind gesture to provide her kingdom with food and resources many times over she was suspicious of an outsider and given the circumstances I don't believe she had the right. you all could have had full bellies by now if not for her. I watched in sorrow as you all grew hungrier and hungrier but no matter how much I pleaded she would not listen! it happened so often that I decided enough was enough! you all deserve food and shelter and I'll be damned if I cant give it to you! when I entered her throne room to try and plead with her once more I was met with her attempting murder against one of her subjects because in her mind he had a way to provide food with magic he did not posses. she has gone insane and is not fit to rule. anyone with an objection please step forward." I commanded. surprisingly no one did I thought at least one person would well whatever I guess she was just that unpopular. 

"now anyone with an objection with me ruling over you and providing you with food please step forward." I said. this time one person stepped forward much to others discomfort and worry they seemed to hate him but were afraid of upsetting me. interesting. 

"I have an objection!" the white bunny said angrily. 

"if you had food this entire time why didn't you hand any over!" he asked angrily. 

"because if I did I risked your queen claiming something outlandish proving all my efforts to give you all food fruitless. seeing as undyne was your ruler and I was not I had no right to force anything until I beat her which as you can see I am doing now." I said angrily. what an idiot. 

"huh!?" he asked once again angrily. 

"are you serious like anyone would believe that! right jerry?" the bunny asked. this time the famously hated jerry came out of the crowd also seemingly angry. others trying to keep there distance was a clear sign no one else wanted part of this. 

"yeah! who was the monster the queen was trying to kill anyways! there's no way she would she's a former royal guard!" he said angrily again. ugh. 

"former royal guard or not insanity waits for no one. boys bring sans in would you?" I asked my subordinates kindly. after a moment they brought in a now awake sans from the place I put him to rest. he wasn't in any pain I made sure of that but the gaping hole in his skull made many gasp in discomfort. some even saying 'sans what has she done to you?' in a hushed whisper but loud enough for others to start getting equally angry. 

"please sans make a statement to these two what happened before I entered the room." I asked. sans didn't hear what I had said earlier so all he will explain would be the events leading up to undyne trying to take his eye. 

"ok....undyne is friends with my bro papyrus but um after a while with no food she started to get desperate and her girlfriend alphys saw this. she was desperate too and in that desperation she thought that my magic was the key to um fixing the core............undyne at first didn't believe it but eventually she called me in and um.....did this to my skull trying to take my magic out manually. if he wasn't there I would be dead....I think everything is real fuzzy right now." horror explained. 

"....o-oh yeah! w-well if that was true h-how did you know what they were p-planning!" the bunny said stuttering. his 'friend' jerry long gone seemingly already ran away. 

"I heard the whole thing in an echo flower....I didn't want it to be true so.......I went when she called like I hadn't heard there whole plan to try and kill me in hopes the core will magically fix itself." he said in dismay. this is turning out better than I expected. 

soon after there were screams of justice everyone wanted alphys and undyne to face there punishment. undyne not allowing them food was a grave sin to them and alphys being in cahoots with her in this whole thing was a surprise none were ready for. eventually undyne and alphys were locked up. I explained what AUs were and my plan in the meeting when everything calmed down and I was officially the new king. everyone was cheering ready to finally leave as I made a portal leading to dusttale. once everyone was through I made dust and killer drag a chained alphys and undyne with them through as well so we could place them in a cell in the castle here. with everything done I sent killer to the ruins to collect toriel and the other monsters there so they could have the chance to come along as well leaving the portal open while I got every monster situated in there new homes that looked exactly like there old ones. like I thought not one person asked why this au was so empty they all just scarfed down the free soup that was handed out to them. regular food would be bad for formal starving monsters to digest. 

after a few days of rest and sleep every monster in the underground got back to how they were before they were starving....well almost to how they were you cant get rid of years of trauma in a few days. but thats fine as long as they now have hope for a better future things will work out somehow I just know it. I hope nights is proud of me when I tell him what happened.