8

having become a new king I knew I needed to move nights over here but I didn't want to move out of the castle we found. it was a beautiful castle and it was all black a color quickly becoming my favorite. the problem being I couldn't bring the residents of horrortale to the au the castle resides because while it has trees and other wild life it has no homes. we would have to rebuild everything from scratch and that was not something I was ready for. it took a while but eventually I came to a solution. for now I would allow things to calm down with horrortale's residents that have become my subjects I will allow them to rest to gain a small amount of normalcy then when things calm down and there gratitude has really set in I will hand out new jobs to those in need. the ones working directly under me will not only gain a higher wage but also free food for a longer period of time than the rest of my subjects in return all I would ask them to help make new homes in this au with this castle. while my subjects with a lot of time and dedication can make new homes for everyone in the underground eventually, it would take time so the homes they are in currently will have to do. 

as for now though I was doing paperwork in the office in my castle outside of the au I placed my subjects. I wanted nights and the others to get to know each other and I thought leaving them alone together for a while would do the job. thankfully I was right. they started off acting more than a little awkward with each other but now they are playing monopoly rather aggressively. I decided to take that as a sign they were getting closer. 

I elected to ignore the screams of 'I hate you' and 'what are we even doing? this isn't monopoly!' that echoed through the hallway. 

I focused on the complaints from the white bunny and jerry from earlier. I promised my new subjects that I would welcome any criticisms they have so I can improve but this is just ridiculous. I mean it says here that jerry isn't getting enough respect in the third person as if it wasn't him who wrote it when it's so obvious he did. he even used a fake name. I'm going to get a migraine from all this. couldn't he just be happy for a week? all I'm asking for is a week! 

the white bunny who's name I can't be bothered to remember isn't any better, complaining that a week isn't nearly long enough and then ranting about his conspiracy that I don't have enough food for them all and that I had lied to gain control. utter nonsense, I lied about undyne to gain control not the food. what idiot would lie about food to starving monsters ready and willing to kill you for it? anyways, after reading the reports and replying to them while being as reasonable as possible I tried something I have wanted to do since I got the hang of most of my powers. making shadow papyruses. 

not going to lie it was mostly anti-climatic since all I had to do was try once and there they were. ready and willing to follow my command. it was slightly disappointing how not cool the whole thing was but I moved on pretty fast. 

I ordered my new subordinates to deliver the paperwork to the sans of that world. he was still too unsure about moving to the castle and leaving the underground so for now he still lives with his brother. I'll think of a solution to this problem later. 

before they left through the portal I had decided they'd be the ones to break the news of the job offers and the potential extra time for free food if they are hired for the job. I wanted my new kingdom finished stat and for that to happen I needed workers fast. 

I realized earlier that there might be a problem with hoarding. the food right now is free for a week but after that they'd need to work to get food again. a week should be long enough for them to get their first paycheck. since no stores would have food in stock though I put some in  stores but it was going to be strictly rationed. everyone would get an appropriate amount and a shadow papyrus would be tasked with carrying this out till all my citizens lose the instinctive impulse to hards food just in case this au runs out of food as well. 

I made sure the papyruses responsible with guarding the stores knew of there task and of its importance before sending them off. of course I made sure they would not harm the citizens unless necessary and I made sure there would be no killing. 

I know just how ruthless the shadow papyruses can be and I didn't want to take any chances. 

hah....today is going to be a long day. 

I hope cross is doing alright. 

...

please don't worry I'm coming.