Grip Tape and Newcomers

Authors note update on 2/23/2022, it covers notes for future chapters so please make sure to read it!
Edit on 4/23 to add image to text
Edit on 7/16 to add more context. Nothing major just a few edits.
______________________________

The sunlight burst into my room through the paper thin curtains that covered my window

The sunlight burst into my room through the paper thin curtains that covered my window. I always tell myself I'll get thicker curtains, it's something I say every morning when I wake up. But I never actually get around to buying any. So, every morning, it's the same thing.

One of these days, I will. Not today though.

Today, I'm running over the events of last night.

I can still feel his breath on the back of my neck and his lips brushing against my ear. His voice made my bones vibrate and my legs feel wobbly. I can still hear his fucking observations. The fucking observations that were terrifyingly accurate. I can still see the fucking smirk he had on his face when he caught my reaction to him calling me a 'good girl'. I mean, I wasn't exactly trying to hide it at that point, but he knew exactly what he was doing to me.

He was just drunk.

It was just the tequila.

It was just because I was the only female around and he was thinking with his dick and not his brain. Bucky Barnes has a habit of thinking with his dick more times than not.

He was just drunk.

It was just the tequila.

I settled on that being the logical explanation, because it was the only one I could think.

I rolled out of bed. It was 11:30 and we were heading to the skate park in 30 minutes. I threw on a pair of jeans and a white cut off, and pulled out my white converse out of my closet to throw on. As much as I wanted to dress cute and do a little experiment to see if I could pull any sort of reaction out of Bucky while he's sober, I've scrapped my legs enough while skateboarding to know not to wear shorts or skirts of any kind.

Skateboarding is strictly a jeans activity.

I wandered into the kitchen and poured a bowl of Trix and a cup of coffee. Once I finished sucking down my cereal I grabbed the phone and dialed Wanda's number.

"Y'ello?"

"Quicksilver! It's Max!"

"Well good afternoon. Is this a me or Wanda phone call?" He asked, even though I tell them both everything.

"Either one! Party at Thor and Loki's tonight! You guys able to tag along?" Hope creeping into my voice with each word.

I didn't want to be drinking without them there to keep me a little distracted from Bucky. Not when lasts night was still swirling around my mind like a tornado.

"Yea, we'll be there. I'm guessing 9:00 as usual so we'll be over around 7:00 so you n Little Red can get ready." He said with a mouthful of something.