Close Calls and Girl Talk

Edit on 4/23 to add image to text
______________________________

The light thumping of Buckys heart was the first sound I heard as the sunlight filtered through the windows and beamed into my eyes through my eyelids

The light thumping of Buckys heart was the first sound I heard as the sunlight filtered through the windows and beamed into my eyes through my eyelids. Why doesn't this fucking family by thick curtains?

My eyes slowly opened and glanced at the wall click across from the couch. 8:14.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

That means that-

"Good mornin' '." The voice made me jump and caused me to roll off of the wall of muscle that was underneath me and turned to see Steve smirking into his mug as he sipped his morning coffee and leaned against the counter.

"Morning, Stevie." I said as casually as I could.

Why are you freaking out, Aurora? Oh, no reason. My brother just watched me wake up and roll of his best friend after we spent the night sleeping together on the couch. No biggie. No biggie at all.

"Wanna explain why you were sleeping on top of Bucky?" He said, setting his mug down and crossing his arms over his chest.

Okay. I can do this. I've lied to Steve before, this time is no different.

"We fell asleep watching a movie." I said casually.

"On top of him? With his arms around you?"

"Stevie, that couch is barely wide enough for me to lay down on. Let alone both of us to fit. We fell asleep and must've just ended up like that."

"Do I want to know what's going on between you two?" He questioned.

Now is my chance. Do I tell him? Just say that we're seeing how things go and that he doesn't want to tell him until we're sure about what we have. Just rip the bandaid off and tell him.

No. I can't. I can't do that to Bucky. He isn't ready and I have to respect that.

"Nothings going on, Stevie. If I was banging your best friend I wouldn't be going on that date with Mouth on Friday."

"Ugh. Max. Come on, dude. Do you have to word it like that?" He cringed.

"Word it like what?" I questioned, reaching into the cabinet to grab a bowl and open a drawer to get a spoon so I could pour myself a bowl of cereal.

"Like that. 'Banging' I don't want to hear about my sister having sex." He groaned, grabbing the gallon of milk out of the fridge and handing it to me.

"You're the dumbass that implied I was sleeping with Buck." I said with a mouth full of Trix.

"Who's sleeping with me?" Bucky mumbled as he wandered into the kitchen. His hair was a tussled mess from sleeping on the couch and he was rubbing the back of his neck, probably trying to rub the soreness out of his muscles.