An Open Road and a Full Tank of Gas and Endless Opportunities

Here it is babes

Here it is babes. The final chapter.

I hope you've enjoyed reading it as much as I have enjoyed telling the story.

Thank you
________________________________
The words sunk through my skin and into my bones. Etching the letters into me and clingy on for dear life. I could feel him hold his breath as his heart hammered away in his chest. Eyes never leaving my face. Trying his best to find my reaction. Trying to guess what I was thinking. Or feeling.

What am I thinking about right now?

I should smack him. Punch him. Beat the ever loving fuck out of him for putting me through all of the bullshit he has put me through over saying those damn words, only for him to tell me then after he fucked me.

I should smack him.

But, the way his eyes are begging for me say something and are filling with hope that it's not too late, make me think again.

So, what am I thinking?

"I want a slushie. Let's go for a drive." I breathed, feeling a sense of relief at the soft smile that danced across his lips at my words.

A slushie from Smiths and a drive is how any of us, no matter what was being discussed, called a safe talk. A talk where, no matter what was said or talked about, there was no yelling. No fighting. No 'well he said this' or 'she said that'. It was always a conversation. A two sided, help me understand what's going on, conversation.

"O-okay. Yea, let's go get a slushie." He breathed, unable to hide the grin on his face and the light in his eyes.

We stood up and slowly got dressed, he climbed back into his clothes from earlier while I threw on his Nirvana hoodie and a pair of jeans.

"You kept it." He smiled with a tilted head and soft eyes.

"I could never get rid of this, B." I said softly, licking eyes with him as I fiddled with the hem of the hoodie. The bottom was starting to fray and stitches were coming loose from years of wear and memories.

We held eyes before he reached out his hand and took a step towards me.

"Ready?" I asked, backing up towards the door after grabbing his hand in mine.

"More ready than I have ever been for anything  in entire fucking my life." He nodded.

We climbed down the stairs and made our way to the front door, swiping the keys to the Impala on our way out of the front door.

The stars were hanging in the sky, illuminating our walk to the doors. As if they were shining just for us to find our way back to each other in the front seat of an old Chevy Impala.

The doors shut behind us as we climbed in. Sliding the key into the ignition, the engine came to life and rattled the car around us. Bon Jovi coming through the speakers and easing the sudden tension that was suffocating the both of us. Static filled the old car as I pulled out of the driveway and started down the road.