Field Days and A Moral Compass

For once, I wasn't woke up with bright sun beaming into my room and beating my eyes open

For once, I wasn't woke up with bright sun beaming into my room and beating my eyes open. The thick curtains that Wanda bought me block out every piece of light that could even try to bust into here.

'It's time for a change!' She said as she burst through my door with shopping bags hanging from her arms.

And that's what we did for the rest of the day. Mindless distractions and constant change to keep my mind and hands busy for the day.

That was three days ago now and I haven't left my room.

Bucky has been at my door every morning knocking softly and telling me about the breakfast and coffee he laid in front of my door for me. Then he's back every night he's told me popcorn and a Dr. Pepper has been placed out there and what movie to go along with it. Always laid out on top of my movie blanket.

Steve told me that Bucky sits downstairs and watches the same movie he brings up to me. When I asked him why he said it's because it makes Bucky feel like you guys are watching it together still.

That part pulled on the heartstrings a little.

Everything he's doing is pulling on my heartstrings.

But, every time I close my eyes, I see that hickey on his neck. And I just spiral from there.

Knocking on my bedroom door bounced off of my walls and pulled me from my thoughts.

"Hey, Rory. It's- uh- well it's me. Again. I made you pancakes and bacon and eggs. Bubble eggs, cause I know you like when you can dip the bacon into the yolk. And, of course, your coffee is out here. I'm going to go rent your movie for tonight in a little bit, so if you have any requests, just let me know. O-or you can tell Steve and he can tell me. Or Wanda. Or even Pietro. Or any variation of that. I'm rambling now. But, I guess that's just me hoping you'll open the door and tell me to shut. At least I'd be talking to you then and not just to your door. Okay, uh, I'm going to head back downstairs now before I keep rambling."

His footsteps grew quiet as I cracked open the door. Looking down at the food on a wooden tray to see the bacon and eggs laid out to form a dopey smile and syrup dripping from the pancakes with my coffee mug perched in the corner, holding a white note in place.

Picking up the tray and making my way over to the desk, I pulled the white note out to see movie options written on it with 'circle one' sprawled on the top in his big, loopy handwriting.

Back to the Future

Heathers

Dead Poets Society

I set the note down on the desk underneath me and began to eat.

My bedroom door flung open to reveal a very dramatic red head holding her arms out in my door way.

"Good morning, babe! What is on our agenda today?!" She chirped.

"Well," I started, taking a sip of my coffee, "right now I'm trying to eat. But I was thinking about just staying in."