Lazy, Crazy Summer Days and Moonlit Nights

The summer sun beamed down onto my skin where a layer of sweat has begun to form

Summer in Westview is always an interesting time to me. It's like the Goldilocks zone. It's never too hot, even when you're standing directly under the sun with absolutely zero shade and not even the slightest breeze. But, the second you set foot by Pym Lake, it's like you could melt faster than the ice cream you eat to try and stay cool.

Pym Lake runs along the entirety of Westview. Starting at Pyms property and going until; well, no one is really quite sure where it ends or changes course. Or if it even ends at all. Maybe it runs forever and empties into the oceans. All we know is that it's always the place to be on days like today. Like today, when the sun is beating down on you and the only way to beat the sweltering sun is to be in the water, or at least a jump away.

So, Bucky and I have been laying by the water for about three hours now. Shamelessly rolling around in the grass and dirt, unable to keep our hands off of each other. Alternating between making out and swimming. Currently, he's flipping through my journal and asking about certain poems and what they mean when one catches his eye.

"What about this one, sweets?"

I think that's my favorite pet name.

"What one, B? Read it to me." I whispered, rolling onto my stomach and moving closer to him and placing a kiss onto the center of his chest.

"Why should I read it?" He furrowed his eyebrows with a teasing smile.

"Because I like the sound of your voice." I shrugged, placing another kiss on his skin.

He smiled at me before reading the poem.

"You left me today
Lying on the floor
I wanted you to stay
It seems you wanted more
This room is like a prison cell
Cause I'm all by myself
Still waiting for my friend
To come and break me out."

I started laughing at it, knowing now how dramatic it sounds for what it's about. And then I started laughing even harder when I saw the confusion on Buckys face.

"Okay, okay. Do you remember when you and Steve spent the summer traveling to California and back for Stevie's 21st?"

"Yea," he smiled, "traveling cross country and back in a Volkswagen bus with your brother was easily the best and worst summer of my life." He finished with a laugh.

"Oh, I'm sure the stories I didn't hear were just as bad as the ones I did hear." I laughed.

"Well we weren't exactly going to tell you about the blacked out nights and the random girls we wou-"

"Okay, B. I wouldn't have wanted to hear it then I definitely don't want to now, jerk." I said, playfully shoving his arm and I rolled over to sit up.

"Trust me doll," he said, sitting up and wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me onto his lap, "they were nothing compared to you. Not even fucking close." He breathed against my neck, causing goosebumps to litter my skin.