Chapter 3 - That Coffee

Laura's POV
As Taylor enters the car, I realise she's wearing a dress, whereas I'm wearing a tank top and sweatpants. This doesn't look good at all.
"Hey Tay," she smiles at my new nickname, " I'm gonna pop home and get changed, I feel way too casual compared to you, so I think it's best" she frowns and compares our outfits. She has this look in her eyes and I can't tell what it is.
"You'll be fine, just give me two seconds, I'll change and be back before you know it" she reaches for the door but as she goes to step out I grab her shoulder.
"Tay, wait" she flinches and then stares down at my hand before looking up at me.
"What.?" She says just under a whisper. I'm worried at this because she was fine a second ago.
"We can just go to my place, I mean I have coffee, and then no one has to change" I say with a smile. Taylor looks confused but sits back and closes the door. As she's putting her seatbelt on, she nods and mumbles something, which I can only guess means yes. So I buckle up and begin the journey.

At first it was an awkward silence, but it became comfortable after a while. We still have about thirty minutes until we arrive so we should probably talk. Just as I'm about to talk, Taylor starts.
"So Jason said we should have an orange family evening, whatever that means..?" She seems nervous, I can almost hear her heart it's thumping that loud.
"When? I mean he could've come up with a more creative name" Taylor chuckles in response.
"Tomorrow. I said I didn't know, but really I'm just looking for an excuse because I know everyone will be busy and it will just end up being me and Jason sharing an awkward pint" she says all too fast. I pull up at the traffic lights, and look at Taylor to find her looking at me too. I smile and laugh hysterically, which she finds hilarious.

We're parked downtown yet it seems as if it's just us two in our own bubble. Suddenly the bubble is popped by a loud car horn from behind, which brings my attention to the green light above my head. Taylor giggles and puts her hands in the air, letting the wind almost take her away. We slow down and she pouts like a toddler in a strop.

"We're here!" I say motioning to my house, "let's get that coffee" Taylor smiles and before she can get out, I tell her to stay in the car. I sneak around the back really slowly and jump out next to the door, to receive a nice thump to the lip from Taylor.

"OW! Taylor! What the fuck!?" I scream in pain. I've gotta give it to her, she can punch hard!
"Oh my god, Laura I'm so sorry, I just have a lot going on I was scared that's all" she speaks really fast and I can see tears in her eyes. By instinct I open the door that she's leaning on, and she falls onto my lap. At first she giggles but that soon turns to tears, and in large amounts too.

"Tay? What's going on babe? You can tell me..." I'm really worried, Taylor's crying so much my top's see through!

I don't know what to do...