Chapter 5 - Burning Desire

Laura's POV

I don't know what's happening.
It's not awkward, but I feel like it should be. She's so close to me, I can feel the heat radiating from her face. I grasp her hand and bring it down to my side, and interlock our fingers. I can feel her eyes on me, but I refuse to look into them.

I might lose control.

We must have stayed there for a long time because the sky was becoming a little lighter.
I moved my other hand to my pocket and took out my phone, checking the time.

02:34

"It's very late, Tay" I whisper, still refusing eye contact.
"I know" she replied. After a pause, she spoke again. "Why won't you look at me?" She sounded sad, almost.
I gulped, and looked into her eyes.

They were like pools of frozen water, dangerous, but beautiful all the same. I studied the flecks of colours within them, imagining them as little fish swimming around.

Her eyes shifted to the side, so I looked away.

I had made her uncomfortable.

"That, Taylor Schilling, is why I won't look at you" I whisper sadly. I didn't mean to make her feel out of place, but I could get lost in her eyes for hours, that's why I won't look. I can't lose control.

"Why did you look away?" She whispered, playing dumb.

"I saw your eyes shift, you were uncomfortable. So I moved" I looked back at her. Her face was centimetres away, our features almost touching. She seemed to be studying the same thing I was, the distance. When I looked up, she was looking down at the gap just as I was before.

It felt as if the world around us didn't exist when she looked back up and met my gaze. It was like everything else had disappeared and we were just lying there together. I slowly leaned forward, still staring into her eyes. Her face began to turn a rosy pink, as she leant to meet me halfway.

Our lips brushed for a split second.

Fireworks in every part of my mind, body and soul caused me to jump back. This feeling, it wasn't normal. No, it couldn't be.

What was this burning desire I had to recreate the moment again? That almost kiss created such a scary feeling, but I desired it again.

I leant forward and kissed Taylor again, but properly. Our lips moved in sync, like they were meant to be together. Taylor moved our hands up to the side of the car behind my head, and held it there.

This moment, it was.... wonderful.

There was passion and emotion in the kiss, and the feeling was great. There were sparks everywhere, and I'm pretty sure Taylor felt it too.

Suddenly, I felt my cheek getting wet, and Taylor disconnected our lips. She placed our foreheads together and began to cry.

As an initial reaction, I wiped away some of her tears. Then carefully I removed my hand from hers and put it behind her neck, then moved my other hand to behind her knees.

I picked her up bridal style, and carried her up to the front door. I locked the car and fumbled around with my keys to try and unlock the door.

Finally I opened it, then entered and closed it behind us. I carried Taylor towards the stairs and then removed her shoes before continuing up to my room.
I sat her on the edge of the bed, and unzipped her dress. I removed it and dressed her in a grey racerback and some black sweatpants. I quickly changed into a black tank top and some grey sweatpants and tidied away our clothes.

I picked her up again, then I placed her down on the bed and covered her up, before climbing into the other side. Taylor nestled her head into the crook of my neck and slowly drifted to sleep.

"Goodnight"