Chapter 9 - Confiding In Friends

Laura's POV

With gleaming eyes, I watch Taylor walk away.

"Yo, Prepon, care to tell me what the fuck's going on?" Tasha blurts out, a little too soon for my liking.
"Tasha! She probably heard that! And nothing, for your information" I say with a smirk. However, she was having none of it.
"Wow, Prepon, you really don't know me do you? I can see straight through your shit. Spill." She looks at me with those eyes, and I crack.
"Okay so I might have possibly fallen extremely fast, and hard, for Taylor.." It feels crazy saying it, but it feels right. She gasps, and pulls a face as to say 'I don't believe you' but 'I told you so' at the same time.
"Laura!" She screams.
"I have heard that a lot lately, just with a different inflection and from a different person..." I whisper to myself, but a little louder than I expected.
"Eh look at you, getting all the ladies!"
I frown at her and reflect on my actions.
"Actually it's just one. Just Taylor."
She looks at me in disbelief, and begins to get up.
"Well, for your information I think that you guys look good together. But be careful. Oh and call her, she quite obviously wanted to see you tonight. Again." She smirks and walks away. "Later Prepon, have fun with the girlfriend!" I smile and shout back.
"She's not my girlfriend, bitch!"
"Not yet"
I hear the main door opening as Natasha leaves, and before it closes again, I get up and go back to my dressing room. Taylor is the only thing on my mind as I'm walking through the corridors, and as I enter my room, I realise that I already have my bag and I'm dressed to leave already.
"Damn it Laura, clear your head!" I take out my phone and drop Taylor a text.

L - hey ;)

Almost instantly, I receive a reply.

T - hey, you!

Before I reply, I walk to my car. As I'm closing the door, I hear the text tone again. I chuckle and open the second message.

T - I want to see you later on.

I ponder on what to reply. Should we go out, or stay in? I would say stay in.

L - my place? 9:30?

It's 8:45, so I have enough time to go home and change my clothes before Taylor arrives.

T - sounds great, see you then! <3

I smile to myself and start the engine. Driving home, I reflect on today's events. I'm so embarrassed, stupid anxiety. I'm jealous of Taylor, of how confident she is in situations like that... Maybe I could learn from her.

I lean over and turn the radio on;

"I feel like,
I wouldn't like me,
If I met me.
I feel like,
You wouldn't like me,
If you met me.
But,
Don't
You
Worry
There's still time...."

I blast out the words and before I know it I'm outside of my address. I check the time

9:00

"Shit, Laura." I curse myself for taking longer than usual to get home. I jump out of the car and jog up the steps of my humble abode. I unlock the door and hurry into my apartment, dropping my keys and bag on the way upstairs.
"Taylor.. Taylor.. What do I wear to see Taylor?!" I have no idea what to wear, and after 20 minutes of looking, I decide on a simple cream dress. I apply my makeup, nothing fancy just a little eyeliner and some blush. I'm satisfied with my look and suddenly I hear a knock at the door.

9:32

"ONE MINUTE!" I yell, and run down the stairs. I'm sure Taylor can hear me I'm that loud.

I'm jogging down the steps when suddenly everything comes too fast and I find myself in a pile on the floor at the bottom of the stairs. I curse to myself and stand up, before fixing my dress and opening the door.

"Hi.." Taylor smiles weakly and I can't help but stare. A form fitting black dress with a cute pair of white flats, absolutely perfect on her.

"You look.. Wow..." I chuckle and invite her in.
"Why thankyou, Laura, the same to you!" She smiles and stands awkwardly beside me.
"Make yourself at home, whatever makes you comfortable I'm sure we can accommodate for! Do you want a blanket or anything?"
"No thankyou, we should just talk" she smiles and I give her a look of happiness.

Tonight would be a long night...