Chapter 12 - Nothing Left

Taylor's POV

I had to feel how she felt just one last time. I interrupted her rambling by kissing her with more emotion than I'd ever done before, and when she didn't respond, and her lips didn't move, I knew that my decision couldn't be changed. I had broken her. It was my fault. What had I done? But it was too late, for as much as my heart was telling me to stay and take it all back, my legs were unwillingly taking me to the door where I would leave and never return. I stole one last glance at Laura and I saw the wine glass she occupied sail across the room, hearing the earth-shattering sound of glass impacting with the wall I had been admiring moments before, simultaneous with a scream erupting from Laura's chest. At this sight, I sighed, closed the door and wiped away a traitorous tear as I walked away from my happiness.

5 hours later...

The sound of an alert from my phone was deafening in the silence of my apartment. It was a text from Yael.

Shit.

Y - Taylor Jane Schilling get your skinny ass over here right now and tell me what the fuck is going on. I'm warning you.

I really wasn't in the mood for her motivational speeches. After all, it's not me who needs a speech, I messed it all up.

T - I'm not in the mood.

I braced for the reply.

Y - TAYLOR. Seriously be ready in 15 minutes I'm coming over and we're going out. I don't care how 'not in the mood' you are - I mean it.

Sighing heavily, I collected the abundance of bowls and packets surrounding the couch and tried to get myself together. She couldn't know I'd been upset, I had no right to be. I was the one who ended things, I broke her heart, why did I do that? No, Taylor.. You did the right thing. There would only be hurt caused by something between you and Laura, nothing good would come of it.
I hadn't realised I had stopped moving until I heard a knock at the door. How long had I been thinking?

I trudged my way to the door and, without regarding my appearance, swung it open.

My heart dropped.

"Laura...? Oh my gosh! What happened!?"

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

A/N

So... hi again!  It's been two years, I have no idea if anyone is still here... Wow. Im gonna get this story completed, we only have a few chapters to go I think!!

Hope you all enjoy, old readers or new! I forgot how much this story means to me, so I hope you like it.

<~ivykissedagirl~>