Chapter 8 - Suggestive Sentence

Taylor's POV

I walk out of the set to see Laura sat on the floor, red as a tomato. Natasha is sat next to her, crying with laughter. Laura is stuttering and can't seem to form any words, which I know happens to her sometimes when she's super embarrassed. I check around to see if anyone is about, before throwing Laura a wink, causing her to blush even more! She looks very red, it's really funny. I giggle like a child, before making my way towards her. Laura opens her mouth to speak, but no words form.
"I... Um... I..." She looks me straight in the eye, and everything slows down. Her look is one of sadness, embarrassment and also excitement, which never mix. Slowly I see her falling towards the floor, and I start running towards her frantically.
"Laura!? Laura!!" I scream, louder than I should. Natasha stops laughing and realises what's going on.
"Jesus Taylor! No need to be so loud, she'll be fine, Laura's a tough cookie." I smile and think of the time where the tables were turned, where Laura was holding me in her arms, oh so worried about me. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Natasha smirk as she watches me staring at Laura, but I think nothing of it and carry on. Her eyes begin to flutter open, and I smile even more.
"Hey, you" she says weakly, smiling. There's a glow in her eyes, one I can't put my finger on.
"What do you remember?" I ask softly, not wanting to hurt her ears in case they were ringing.
"Well, I remember being really embarrassed, you walking out of that door-" she winks, and I get the meaning. She remembered the wink. "-and then you running at me" she chuckles and I smile. I could drown in her laughter, it was beautiful.

"Taylor?" I hear Uzo shout from down the corridor. She walks round the corner. "Oh, hey there you are. We have that meal in a half hour, are you going like that?" She giggles and I realise I'm still wearing my prison uniform. I smile and let out a loud laugh, and a strange one at that. Soon enough, Laura is sat up and laughing too, as well as Natasha and Uzo.

I love being friends with these guys, they make everything so happy, and for that I am truly grateful. I continue to laugh and look over at Laura, to find her also looking at me. We share a smile and I shuffle back to rest against the wall, Natasha says something funny and we continue to laugh. I slide my hand across the floor and grab Laura's, almost sitting on our hands to avoid being seen. She caresses the back of my hand, and looks up to me and smiles. I stand up and pull Laura up by the hand, the laughter having died down.
"Uzo, let's go or we'll be late! Bye Tasha!" I smile.
"See ya later Taylor" she chuckles.
"Bye, Laura. See you later" I make long eye contact with her, and grin like a kid.
"Bye Tay, see you soon" she replies, hopefully suggesting we will meet later that day.

As I'm walking away, I hear Natasha speak.
"Yo, Prepon, care to tell me what the fuck's going on?" She chuckles and as I'm walking away I worry, Laura wouldn't say anything, right? Uzo snaps me back into my own space.
"Taylor, what was that about?" I frown, confused.
"What was what about?" I think about the last few moment and only one thing crosses my mind.

The way I interacted with Laura.

Uzo must've noticed my realisation as she smiled.
"You and Laura?" I can't help but smile as I think about that cold night.
"Okay, so maybe there was one thing" I look over at her, "but I'm not really ready to talk about it. If that's okay" Uzo smiles and looks understandingly.
"Of course Taylor honey, you don't have to tell me anything unless you want to." I smile and step through the front doors into the crisp, cold air. It reminds me of that night for the third time in the last half hour.

"All I will say is that love is chemistry, and we have a lot of chemistry" I smile and enter the car. Uzo chuckles.
"Honey, trust me it doesn't go unnoticed, you guys fit together like a puzzle" I smile and remember the words Laura said to me one night.

"Taylor; when I'm without you I feel like a puzzle piece mixed up with the wrong puzzle. I just won't fit. But with you I feel we are pieces of the same puzzle, we fit together perfectly, and without each other, the picture of life will never be complete."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

A/N

I'm so sorry for the super long wait guys! I'm on holiday and doing lots of stuff, so I can't update that often, but Im using all the spare time I have to batch write and have some chapters ready to avoid long waits.

Thank you for waiting, I really appreciate all the votes, comments and messages I'm receiving, and I hope you enjoy!

<~ivykissedagirl~>