6. Contacting Max and the list.

Monte Carlo, Monaco
Max's POV
Friday

'That's the last rep of the day, Max

'That's the last rep of the day, Max. You can go and rest, are your muscles still tensed? Because we can do a little massage session'. Jake, my trainer, said as he started to get all the equipment that we used for the quick session he made me do. We were on my balcony and it was early on a Friday so I didn't need to practice on the simulator until Monday. We always schedule the workout sessions and the simulator time so that they don't clash.

'No, it's fine. I will take a hot shower to try and relax. I'll see you late on Monday, right?'. I asked him and he nodded. He grabbed his backpack where he carried some bands and notes and then I walked him to the door.

'I'll see you in three days, don't cheat on your diet. I know you've been out with Aurora and Astrid and I know how persuasive they can be'. He pointed at me and I just shrugged my shoulders.

'Yeah, I'll try'. I spoke and he was about to protest but I shut the door in his face, I heard him complain and I let out a chuckle. I grabbed a small towel that I always had near me when I worked out and I cleaned all the sweat. I was about to toss it out on the laundry bin and take a shower but the ringing of my phone distracted me. I walked toward the kitchen island, where I last reckon putting my phone and the screen was lit up and displaying an unknown number calling.

I accepted the call and a german accent greeted me.'Hello, Verstappen?'. The male voice inquired and I frowned.

'Yeah, he's speaking. Who give you my number?'. I asked exasperated that the other person was taking their time to say the motive of his call. I had places to be, and by places I meant having breakfast with Aurora.

'You'.Now I was more confused than before.' Sorry, I should have started from the beginning. I'm Kai Havertz, we met in Italy at the start of the year, we went to the same sports event. I'm a football player from Chelsea'.

'Oh, I remember you, we have some common sponsors, don't we?'. I asked as I started to remember meeting the german and his girlfriend at an event that my PR team forced me to attend since I happened to be in Faenza.

'Great, I was calling because our friends are both stupid but at the same time perfect for each other'. He started and I was startled, to say the least.

'I have a lot of stupid friends, you'll have to be more specific'. I spoke and I started to make my way to my bedroom to grab some clean clothes.

'Aurora Ricciardo'. Rory? What did she do this time?.' I don't know if you know this part but they met like 2 weeks ago in a bar. They got really drunk and got tattoos together'. He explained and my eyes widened. Oh, yeah, that.

'Yeah, I knew about it. Aurora is not so clever when she's drunk'. I muttered under my breath.

'Well, Mason is the sam and I think they can make a great pair'. Yeah maybe.' Mason's been single forever and refused to date someone since his ex and I know there must be another reason, other than he was drunk, to have done such a crazy thing with someone he met hours before. Also, he's been zooming out a lot and daydreaming, that's not common'.