Depleted Energy [old version]

"CATCH YOURSELF ON!"

USA sat at the coffee table in the small office and sighed, rubbing his tired temples, dark bags under his closed eyes, tired of listening to everyone fight about the stupidest things imaginable. He had his legs stretched out in a tense position, but even now he could imagine falling asleep on the spot if it weren't for everyones stupid fights.

How long have they been working on this? Days? Weeks? Months? A year? It sure felt like it.

He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't notice the Russian country sitting down across from him at the table.

"Tired, huh?" He asked the American.

Startled, USA opened his eyes.

"What do you want?" His depleted energy made him more snarky than he intended to be.

"Tired and angry. I don't blame you." Russia said with a weary smile, getting in a similar position USA was and crossed his arms.

Was he just... trying to sympathize with him?

He must be really tired. Or maybe USA was already starting to hallucinate. Anyway, that didn't stop a white and red striped country to join them at the table. He buried his face in his hands and kept repeating one sentence.

"Ludzie kochani... ludzie kochani..."

Both of the countries gaze reverted to the smaller country. Normally they'd show concern, but at this point having a quiet mental break down because of your fellow colleagues was normal, since it happened on a daily basis.

Another country joined their table. A green-white- orange striped one. He was obviously pissed, but didn't bother to rant. He just sat down next to the whispering country and bore his fingernails into his crossed arms.

"Are you alright, mate?"
Finally someone seemed slightly concerned about the miserable country, but he didn't receive an answer. He sat down next to him, his dark blue face bearing the Australian flag.

"Is he alright?" The Australian turned to Ireland, hoping he'd answer.

He gave the white-red country a side glance.

"I don't think so, no."

USA and Russia sighed as angry voices started getting closer, along with echoing footsteps and finally five tired faces.

"I'm done with this conversation!" A British accent filled the room.

"Aber.."

"No! No buts!" He cut the German off.

"I didn't say but. I said aber."

"You know what I meant." UK snapped.

"Please wait.."

"Talk to the hand." UK huffed, walking towards the table, his eyes sparkling like flames, even though he looked exhausted.

"That's... your middle finger." Germany mumbled, sunken eyes sparkling tired and sorrowful, his whole posture was pitiful.

"Wow, I'm impressed you noticed as slow as you are."  UK snapped, dropping himself onto a chair.

The three other countries that were still standing next to Germany exchanged tired and annoyed gazes.

One of them sighed dramatically and sat down next to the UK, sinking his head into his crossed arms on the table, hoping he could drift away and sleep for five minutes, escaping this nightmare called work. His face was colored with the Romanian flag.

The other two remaining, two women, one with a Mexican flag the other with a Belorussian one, didn't look like they wanted to join the others. They looked over to the table with disinterested and no motivation to socialize whatsoever.