Wound in Salt [old version]

"Are you okay, Britannien?" Germany asked the shaking country.

Not only he was taken aback, all the European countries seemed to not really like rats.

But none of them seemed to have such a big breakdown because of them than the two Brits.

And someone else.

"You hurt?" Skáney asked worried.

"No, I'm fine." You said, trying to reassure him.
"Rats don't scare me."

"Rats evil. Rats kill son." He said with a dark voice.

"Oh... I didn't know. I'm so sorry." You said, realizing you might have been insensitive.

"Sorry? Not fault. Rats fault." Skáney said, confused.

"No, I'm sorry for your loss." You tried to explain.

"He in Valhalla now. He Dine with gods."

Thirteen Colonies and USA were the only countries who couldn't have cared less about the little animals.

Thirteen Colonies teasingly looked at Great Britain.

You sighed and couldn't believe you let them all stay in your house without making them pay rent.

"Come on guys. Let's go." You said.

The inside of the shop was busy. The past countries were left to stare in awe.

Especially Skáney and Congress Poland were confused.

"Alright, let's do the worst part first." You sighed, and started walking towards the clothes section.

The countries immediately scattered to get what they wanted. Sighing, you started putting in random clothes for the countries that hadn't come with.

Luckily it didn't take long. You moved on to cosmetics very quickly.

Strolling through the markets. You realized that a lot would wander off and look at stuff that interested them, before reappearing again and joining you.

You were fine with that, until you realized Skáney went missing.

Oh no.

"Continue without me." You said, shoving the cart into UK's arms, who gave you a surprised glance.

You quickly turned around and searched the stores.

Your heart rate increased.

When you were little you had always wanted to do something crazy in your life.

But chasing a Viking in a store before he murders someone was not on your list.

"Skáney!" You shouted, ignoring the surprised side glances you were getting.

But the Viking remained hidden in the masses of people.

"I'm sorry, but could you please get out of the way?"

"Hvat gerþúr vilja? Líðawayr."

Skáney!

"Excuse me sir, do you speak English?"

"No. Go."

"No need to be so rude! Where are you from? Russia?"

Yeah right.

"No, that's my friend from Scandinavia." You finally got ahold of his hand and pulled him away.

"Well he ought to be taught some manners. Just because he can behave like that at home doesn't mean he should misbehave here."