An Eye For An Eye [old version]

The American woke up. He could tell that the sun was rising by the dim grey light that filled the room.

But he was too lazy to get up yet. Sighing he pulled the warm body next to him closer until he could feel their soft heartbeat.

Hang on a fucking second.

He shot up, surprise quickly turning into terror.

Memories of last night flooded his brain. He looked down at the peaceful human still sleeping next to him. It hadn't been a dream. He had a complete meltdown in front of this random stranger and now he was in their bed.

His heart beat accelerated by the second. To make matters worse, he realized that the Viking was watching him right now, his face showing unbent hostility.

Shame and anger with himself made his face go red. He jumped out of your bed and raced out of your room in such a hurry that he didn't notice USSR watching the two of you from the other side of the hallway.

A satisfied grin plastered the past countries face before he left as well.

Now that was some blackmail material.

The spot next to you was empty when you woke up. You groaned with disappointment, you had hoped to wake up before him so you could pretend you had slept on the floor.

You turned around to see the Viking sitting on the windowsill.

You couldn't believe your eyes.

Was he actually reading?

"Good morning." You said, smiling to yourself.

His attention snapped towards you.

"God mørninkr."

Your eyes widened.

That wasn't Old Norse. Did he just try to say good morning?

He seemed unsatisfied with the way he spoke, but you didn't mind his strong accent.

"Have you been up all night?" You asked him.

He looked at you in a confused way.

Learning a new language was hard, and even though he had been up all night he still couldn't understand you.

With a pang he realized how long it was going to take until you two could have normal conversation.

Deciding that he was going to (rudely) ignore you, he redirected his attention to the pages. Suddenly something slipped out of the book, it landed on the Vikings lap.

He picked it up and examined it. It was an old yellow letter.

"Give that to me." You said, but the Viking proceeded to ignore you and opened it himself.

To both of your disappointment the letter was completely empty.

That's strange, considering the letter had already been sealed and opened. Who'd have fun wasting letters like that?

"Give it to me, I'll keep it." You said snatching the paper out of the Vikings fingers.

Your throat reminded you of water once again. This time you promised yourself you'd get some.

"Alright, I'll be back... hopefully." You told the Scandinavian before leaving your room.

The hallway upstairs was empty, some of the doors had been left open.

Why is everyone up already? They looked completely exhausted yesterday evening.

Walking down the stairs you heard more and more voices downstairs from the kitchen. You prayed to whatever watched down upon you that it wasn't about USA staying in your room.