In Which Sam Worries

{Dean's POV}

When we got to the bunker, Cas was in a deep slumber. Not wanting to wake him, I gently picked him up and he curled against me. I smiled down at the angel. He looked so peaceful when he slept. I carried him carefully to the door and Sam opened it before I could knock or pull out my keys. He smiled and stepped out of the doorway.

I carried Cas to my room and laid him on my bed. I was about to take off my shoes when I remembered something. I walked to the front door and Sam looked at me strangely. "What are you doing?"

"I forgot Cas's trenchcoat."

My brother's expression softened and he tossed me the keys. "You left these in the ignition. The Mustang is parked next to the Impala."

I nodded and walked down to the garage. I quickly grabbed the coat from the front seat and took it back to my room. I draped it over a chair and turned toward the sleeping angel. A small smile played on his lips.

Opening a chest at the foot of my bed, I pulled out a blanket and covered my boyfriend, careful not to wake him.

"You really love him, don't you?" came a voice.

I spun around to see Sam in the doorway. "Yeah," I said. "I really do."

Sam beckoned for me then disappeared down the hallway. I threw a glance at Cas before following him.

"Yeah?" I asked when I caught up to my brother.

"Can we talk?"

"Sure. About what?"

He turned into his room and sat on his bed. "Cas. Is he alright?"

I tilted my head. "Why would you ask that?"

"It's just that, well, he's sleeping. Don't you find that a bit odd?"

My mind spiraled back to the scars on Cas's back. Cas did fall after all. This could just be a side effect from a few years ago.

"I'm sure he'll be fine." I smiled and started to edge my way out of his room. "Was that all?"

Sam stood up. "Actually, no. How's the Mark?"

I subconsiously rubbed the raised patch of skin. I shrugged. "I mean, nothing's changed."

"So, it's getting better?"

"If by 'getting better' you mean I haven't had the urdge to murder random civilians, then yes. But seriously," I clapped him on the shoulder, "don't worry about me."

He smiled down at me. "I love you, Dean. It's hard not to worry about you."

"Now, don't get all sappy on me." I grinned at my little brother. "I love you, too."

I left the room and creaked open my door. The light from the hallway flooded into the darkness and fell onto Cas. My lips twitched into a smile and I climbed into bed, thinking about how perfect my life had become.