In Which Cas's Resolve Breaks

{Cas's POV}

"He wanted to talk about you. He said that-"

The crash was instantaneous. I felt pain in my waist and across my chest as my body hit the seatbelt. My face ricocheted off the window and I could feel the glass spiderweb under my skull. The airbag slapped onto the side of my head and I groaned. I put my hand to my nose. When I pulled it away, my fingers were coated in blood. My whole body ached but the only thought that ran through my mind was, No. Not now. He said what?!? What did he say about me?!?

"Cas," Dean breathed, barely above a whisper.

"It's alright, Dean. We'll be fine. Just breathe."

I heard him take a deep breath. I smiled a little. At least he was listening to me. The sound of sirens in the distance made me sigh in relief.

"Dean, help's on the way." I would've zapped us out of there, but I lost a lot of blood and I was weak. "Dean?"

He didn't answer me.

"Dean?!?" I looked over at the green eyed hunter and my words were caught in my throat. Of course, I had seen him in hell, in purgatory, and as a demon, so this wasn't the worst shape I've seen him in. But it still hurt.

"Dean, come on. Answer me." His eyes fluttered shut and his head dropped onto his chest.

I turned my body toward him, even though the movement sent pain shooting through my body. I laced my fingers with his. I missed the feeling of his hand in mine.

"I'll watch over you," I exhaled, quoting him from the night I broke down on the beach, one of the many nights he doesn't remember.

As the sirens got closer, I let my hand fall to my side.

Within a few minutes, the paramedics had both me and Dean out of the Impala. I managed to walk on my own and I didn't need to ride to the hospital on a gurney. I couldn't say the same for Dean.

He was unconsious the whole ride there, the last thing I heard him say, ringing in my ears. Cas. Cas. Cas.