In Which It Begins (Again)

{Dean's POV}

"Personal space, Cas," I sighed, yet again.

A look of hurt flashed across his face, but it was only momentarily. I must have imagined it.

"My apologies." He stepped away and for some reason, the empty space beside me made me feel as if I'd been dipped in ice water. I longed for him to heat up the unoccupied space once again.

I shook those thoughts out of my head.

"So, Cas," I said, trying to focus. "What , exactly, are we up against?"

The angel raised his eyes from their place on the ground and the startling blue was focused on me.

"Typical nest of vampires. Roughly nine to fourteen of them, ranging between the ages of thirteen to fourty- six."

"There's a thirteen- year- old?" I asked. That was a bit strange. Usually, the vamps stick to the twenty- early thirty type. I'm guessing the fourty- six- year- old was the leader. Cas nodded and continued staring at me.

Sam came running from the hallway that our rooms were located in. "So, get this," my brother started. "There hasn't been any vamps in this area for sixty years. Turns out, the Men of Letters had completly ridded them. I guess this nest didn't get the memo." He only then looked up from the file he was reading. "Oh, hey, Cas. What are you doing here?"

Cas looked at me. "Dean, what am I doing here? It's not like you need my help. So, why am I here?"

I thought about that. Why did I call for him? Cas looked mad at me. I knew he could read minds, so I knew he was getting all kinds of nonsense that's running through my thoughts right now.

I shrugged. "I thought you could help," I said, weakly.

But the real reason, the reason it was keeping out of my head, where Cas could access it, was that I just wanted him here.

Yay. I've finally gotten around to posting this. It's been so long since I finished the last story. Oh well, I'm here now. Hope you enjoy it.

~A. Cumberbatch