In Which It's Cas's Turn

{Cas's POV}

Trapped.

Trapped in my head. Trapped in my vessel. Trapped in these handcuffs.

Trapped would have described my current situation.

I didn't know where I was or who was walking toward me. That is, until he stepped into the circle of light that I felt trapped me even more.

"Dean," I breathed. "Thank goodness."

He laughed cruelly and smirked. "You think I'm here to help you? How sweet. No, no, Cassie. You're not going anywhere."

His eyes flashed black and I gasped. I looked down at the Mark on his arm, the Mark that was burning bright red.

"Dean, no."

"But yes. My angel," he mocked.

Tears slid down my face and he laughed once more. "You are pathetic. A disgrace. But that's fitting as you no longer have any grace."

"Wh- what?"

He stepped in front of me and kneeled down, pulling a vial from his back pocket. "No," I whispered, touching my throat, slick with blood. "How could you?"

"I told you to take me out if I went dark, but you didn't. You thought you could save me. Or that's what you said. I, personally, think that you were being selfish and didn't want to give me up. You loved me after all." He ran his finger down my thigh and I jerked away. "See where that got you." He stared at me, his eyes turning black. He pressed his lips hard against mine. His eyes returned to their beautiful green, just long enough for him to hiss, "Do you still love me?"

~~~

I woke up crying. Dean hovered over me, a worried expression on his face. "Cas?"

"Why couldn't I have just looked where I was going? Then your life wouldn't be ruined."

Dean ran his thumb under my eye, catching my tears. "Cas, you didn't ruin my life. And if you're talking about the first time we met, I am so glad you were reading and walking at the same time. Now what is this all about?"

I sniffed. "I had a dream about the Mark." I looked down, not wanting to meet his eyes.

"Oh, Cas." Dean took my hand and rubbed circles on the back of it. "Hey." He tipped my head up, but I still couldn't meet his eye. Finally, he kissed me. "I love you, Cas. Please don't forget that. You may think that you're no good for me, but we keep finding our way back together. I love you and I don't want to hear you say we shouldn't have ever met. Because I don't know what I'd do without you. You're too good for me." I smile and yawn. "Here. Go back to sleep." Dean pulled me down so I was laying on his chest. He started playing with my hair and whispered, "Sweet dreams."

And before I knew it, I was asleep once again.

~~~

Dean kissed me and smiled. I returned the gesture.

"So," Dean prompted.

He pulled out my bottled grace and held it out to me. I pushed it back toward him. Dean- younger than he was now- gave me a confused look.

"You don't want it?"

I shook my head. "No. I've made up my mind. I want you to keep my grace. I trust you with it and I honestly don't know anyone else I would want such a huge part of me with."

Dean smiled. "Cas, that means so much to me."

"I'm not done. I want to remain a human, but only with you. I love you, Dean and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. That is, if you'll have me." I pulled a small box out of my jacket and kneeled down. "Dean Winchester, will you marry me?"

Dean started crying. He smiled wider than I've ever seen him before. He crouched down in front of me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"Of course I will," he laughed. "Yes, Cas. Yes, I will marry you."

I slipped the silver ring on his finger and kissed him. Everything was perfect.

I wish.